Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Fade Out by Rachel Caine
    Kiss of Death by Rachel Caine (Pedrolina)
    Pedrolina: The next book in the series

English (30)  Spanish (2)  All languages (32)
I found this one a little boring compared to the last one. ( )
  KarinaKantas | Apr 20, 2018 |
Morganville has a new set of issues when some vampires want to leave and a human does something that threatens their town. Claire and her friends, of course, get caught up in the middle. I enjoy that there's always something new going on in this series. It's not just fighting the same battle over and over. New characters are brought in, granted mostly they've always been in the town, we just hadn't met them yet. The point is, it doesn't get boring or predictable. They're not constantly fighting the same set of circumstances or even the same vampire. I also really enjoy seeing the complex relationships between the members of the Glass house and how they grow and develop and go through obstacles. I think having Claire, an outsider, as the central main character is interesting too. This is someone who didn't grow up in Morganville and therefore has a different reaction to things that happen in the town. And I like seeing how people react to her reactions. It's just a great series. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
A very good villain to take the place of Bishop; a good twist to an old enemy.

But will the four friends ever be the same after all this? ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
I wanted to read Fade Out because as you know if you have been following my reviews for last month of so, I have been bitten by the Morganville Vampire series bug. I love Claire and her relationship with Shane, Eve and Michael. The friendship between Claire and Eve is tested a bit in this one, but glad to see it is realistic and see how they work it out.

Karen at For What It's Worth and Mary at The Book Swarm occasionally post twitter-style reviews. Karen calls hers Short and Tweet, and I am going to borrow that review style here.

Tweet Review:
Devoured it. Love the plot twists + hot moments between C&S. The alliances/ trusts shifts- the gray area of friend or foe changes so much.
Bottom Line: Another great addition that kept me guessing plus the romance made me happy. ( )
  brandileigh2003 | Dec 6, 2014 |
Good but not brilliant. This one is a little more sedate and less action packed but it took a worrying element (i.e. Ada) of the previous book and expanded upon it. That's what I like about this series, it flows almost effortlessly like it's one long story rather than episodes. Everything is explained and played out to its natural end.

I instantly took a disliking to Kim, her attitude was inexcusable. I couldn't understand why Eve worshipped her. Kim's media project to expose Morganville was brilliant but I expected her obsession with Shane would lead to an Ada-like attempt on Claire's life, thankfully that didn't happen. We don't need everyone to be jealous of Claire, thinking she's stealing their potential boyfriends. When Myrnin handed over the tape of Shane and Claire and Claire asked whether he had watched it his reaction was suspicious, he may have said no but I wouldn't be surprised if he was lying. Claire is the only person who understands him, his theories and his mental state why wouldn't he be interested in her romantically speaking?

It was inevitable that Michael would be put in the middle of the vampires and the humans or more precisely the Glass House group of friends. I'm not surprised Eve has to decide whether she can handle Michael being different, more than what he was before he became a vampire.

I was a bit unsure of Amelie's motives in changing the status of the group. I can understand making Shane and Eve neutral but not Claire. Claire is an asset to Amelie, Claire saved her life. I would think Amelie would want to keep her close, keep that connection through the bracelet but maybe she sees that as slavery.

I found Amelie and Oliver's relationship intriguing. They are friends but also potential enemies. I like that Oliver repositioned himself as a potential enemy again to snap Amelie out of her suicidal grieving for Sam so that she can return to her duties of overseeing Morganville.

Now that Ada is gone and the magic surrounding Morganville is down, I wonder how things will change... ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
Eve Rosser's high-pitched scream rang out through the entire house, bouncing off every wall, and, like a taser applied to the spine, it brought Claire out of a pleasant, drowsy cuddle with her boyfriend.

Without the evil vampire Bishop ruling over the town of Morganville, the resident vampires have made major concessions to the human population. With their newfound freedom, Claire Danvers and her friends are almost starting to feel comfortable again…

Now Claire can actually concentrate on her studies, and her friend Eve joins the local theatre company. But when one of Eve’s castmates goes missing after starting work on a short documentary, Eve suspects the worst. Claire and Eve soon realise that this film project, featuring the vampires themselves, is a whole lot bigger – and way more dangerous – than anyone suspected…

"Without the evil vampire Bishop ruling over the town of Morganville, life has changed--dramatically. The resident vampires have made major concessions to the human population. With their newfound freedoms, Claire Danvers and her friends are almost starting to feel comfortable again--almost. Now Claire can actually concentrate on her studies, and her friend Eve joins the local theater company. Yet when one of Eve's cast mates goes missing after starting work on a short documentary, Eve suspects the worst. As she and Claire investigate, they soon realize that not only is the subject of the film the vampires themselves, but that this project is a whole lot bigger--and way more dangerous--than anyone suspected."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,519,143 books! | Top bar: Always visible