Amigurumi Knits: Patterns for 20 Cute Mini…

Amigurumi Knits: Patterns for 20 Cute Mini Knits (edition 2009)

by Hansi Singh

196360,038 (4.52)1
Member:fuzzyjay
Title:Amigurumi Knits: Patterns for 20 Cute Mini Knits
Authors:Hansi Singh
Info:Creative Publishing international (2009), Paperback, 128 pages

Amigurumi Knits: Patterns for 20 Cute Mini Knits by Hansi Singh

Amigurumi is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. Typically they are kooky little animals but they can also be inanimate objects, like vegetables, that are given faces and limbs.

This book will have 20 designs, including animals and inanimate objects. A knitting basics section will provide instructions for all the techniques needed to make the projects. ( )
  RochesterKnittingGui | Apr 15, 2016 |
I bought this because I want to make one of the patterns for my next grandson, and I'm glad I did! I could really envision making ALL the patterns here- they are well-designed and adorable, even the odd ones like the preying mantis and the anglerfish!

Some seem very straightforward, like the vegetables, the earthworm, and the simple starfish- while others are more elaborate, like the above, the spider, and the hermit crab. All of them, though look like a lot of fun to make, and can mostly use leftover yarns from other projects.

While I have not knitted any to completion thus far, the directions are very clear and easy to understand, and they range from projects suitable for beginners to ones that would best be done by those of us with more experience.

Highly recommended! ( )
  cissa | Mar 20, 2016 |
I made the snail. He was very cute. Unfortunately, my sewing skills are not up to par, and his poor shell doesn't not attach to his body correctly. I'll have to try again later :) Also, this book is very popular at my knitting group, everyone had a favorite project.

My Deep sea Angler Fish turned out awesome, and one me a blue ribbon at the county fair. Of course, all knitting projects that were competently knitted received a blue ribbon, but still, very cool.

I look forward to making many more knitted invertebrate creatures :) ( )
  TheDivineOomba | Sep 9, 2009 |

A collection of patterns for knit dolls.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,318,072 books! | Top bar: Always visible