Gotcha! (Love Spell) by Christie Craig

Gotcha! (Love Spell) (edition 2009)

by Christie Craig

Member:michaelaKA
Title:Gotcha! (Love Spell)
Authors:Christie Craig
Info:Love Spell (2009), Mass Market Paperback, 335 pages
Collections:Fiction, Your library
Rating:*****

Gotcha! by Christie Craig

I got this as a freebie. I can't always be lucky as with Penelope. I wonder if I should rate a book two stars only because I read it in one sitting and it wasn't boring while at the same time it had some serious issues. It really needs better editing: "... she didn't have a clue how to dead with him", "Macy two-stepped it hack into her living room", "His next breath came flavored with the baby power that his mom used after showering."

I didn't make any typos there. Some are silly even without mistakes: "Her breasts were Playboy beautiful" or "She missed him so bad her toenails ached". If the last one is possible, I apologize.

Macy is another reason which might prevent people to enjoy this. She does exactly the thing she isn't supposed to at the most dangerous time. Oh, and she calls menstruation Aunt Flo.

But despite all that I actually had fun reading this because Macy's family is weird and there is a lot of humour. Even though her grandmother is a caricature, she is the one that makes this book funny. I have to justify two stars somehow. Nan stared at Baldwin. “What did my granddaughter do?” Her mom spoke up. “You said she hit him in the balls.” “She did.” Nan looked at Baldwin. “Did she hit you in the balls again?”...Suddenly, bolting through the open door came the FBI man himself. He glared at Macy. “I want to talk to you,” he growled. “Did she hit everyone in the balls?” her mom asked. “Maybe,” Nan said. “It does give a woman a rush.” ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
Title: Gotcha!
Author: Christie Craig
Publisher: Love Spell
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Series: Tall, Hot & Texan # 1
Rating: 5
Review:

"Gotcha!" by Christie Craig was a sweet contemporary romance with some humor, drama, mystery and suspenseful read. This was definitely one of those reads that once you started you will not want to put it down until the end. I found the read a fast paced read with a lot of characters that were simply off the chart well developed in helping produce a well written story. I loved how this author was able to give us a script with so much going on, however, it was all covered very well in this long read. The hero and the heroine were really .... well this is where I say you must pick up "Gotcha" and we will see if the guy can get the girl alone with the other crimes that were going on in the read.

If you are looking for a read with some romance, suspense and humor, you have come to the right place for "Gotcha" will give it all to you in this amazing good read that I would recommend. ( )
  arlenadean | Feb 18, 2014 |

After a lifetime of undependable men, law student and pizza delivery girl Macy Tucker finds what she's been searching for after her brother breaks out of prison and the Houston cop on his trail comes into her life--and he won't let "her" be the one who got away.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,704,000 books! | Top bar: Always visible