Das Kleine Ich bin ich by Mira Lobe

Das Kleine Ich bin ich

by Mira Lobe

Kroatisch-Serbisch-Türkisch-Deutsch
  FAAL | Feb 28, 2014 |
Before you start thinking that I am now learning German in addition to my English, Spanish, and French, let me tell you that I “read” this entire book by typing the German text into Google Translator. Which resulted in writing like this:

“Walking on the colorful field of flowers a colorful animal, migrates between grunen stalks….But then a frog disturbs his peace, and asks the animal: Who are you? As it stands, and supports and looks quite puzzled the frog's face: I do not know. The frog croaks and asks: What's that? A nameless animal are you? Who does not know how he is, who can forget who he is, is stupid! Boom!”

And the story goes on and on like this. The little colorful animal, who does not know who he is, wanders from animal group to animal group, seeking out his people. He never finds his people (he appears to be a stuffed animal, but he doesn’t seem to really be from any animal group), and finally comes to the conclusion that “I am I!”

Quite a lovely little story, as best as I can figure. Would have helped a lot to have read it in English, I think, but I must tell you that I enjoyed the fun of “reading” it in German. ( )
  debnance | Jul 16, 2012 |

Der Kinderbuch-Klassiker vom kleinen Stofftier, das vielen Tieren ähnlich sieht, aber keinem gleicht - bis es erkennt: Ich bin nicht irgendwer, ich bin ich.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,144,888 books! | Top bar: Always visible