Black Butler, Vol. 6 by Yana Toboso

Black Butler, Vol. 6 (edition 2009)

by Yana Toboso

Member:Kassilem
Title:Black Butler, Vol. 6
Authors:Yana Toboso
Info:Yen Press (2011), Paperback, 176 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:Gothic Fantasy, Graphic Novel

Black Butler, Volume 6 by Yana Toboso

Ciel joins the circus! Ciel joins the circus! He's worked hard, teased, and brought low by his lack of skills not involving ordering Sebastian to do it for him. I sooo enjoyed his pain. Sebastian was awesome as always. The performers in the circus are pretty cool, too. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
This is the 6th book in the Black Butler series. I absolutely loved this addition to the series (I thought it was much better than 4 and 5 were).

Children are going missing and their disappearances are linked to a traveling circus. Queen Victoria asks Ciel to look into this traveling circus and figure out what is going on.

This was an incredibly fun and entertaining volume in this series. We get some wonderful scenes with the Undertaker (who I absolutely love).

We also get some very hilarious scenes between Sebastian and a tiger. In the end Sebastian and Ciel have to join the circus to continue their investigation. The relationship between Sebastian and Ciel continues to be intriguing; it goes between resentment and a strange sort of caring.

Along the way we meet a whole bevy of new and zany characters. We also again bump into one of the Grim Reapers. The Grim Reaper discusses some interesting aspects of Sebastian's character, further unraveling a small portion of the mystery surround Sebastian.

There is a lot of action, some beautiful illustration and costume design, and lots of mystery.

Overall this was an absolutely spectacular addition to this manga series. I am absolutely loving the characters, the story, the action, and the illustration. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series. I would recommend to those who enjoy shounen manga with a historical and supernatural bent to it.
  krau0098 | Nov 26, 2015 |
I think this is the start of the Circus Arc.

Toboso's art is pretty, and I enjoyed the humor in this volume. Sebastian, charmed by a tiger! Sebastian and William T. Spears, forced to be roomies!

Out of Sebastian and Ciel, only Sebastian has the natural ability necessary to become a member of the circus. However, since Ciel needs to join as well, Sebastian gives him a little bit of help...which is bit suspicious when Ciel turns out to be nowhere near as good later on. And then there's the whole issue of trying to adjust to rougher circus life. Ciel isn't really cut out for pretending to be a commoner.

I enjoy the little “if Black Butler characters starred in other types of manga” extra that's on the inside back cover of every volume. This one has Black Golfer.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.) ( )
  Familiar_Diversions | Nov 23, 2013 |
This volume is much more serious than the previous one. There's another crime and Ciel and Sebastian take drastic measures to deal with the case. There is also a couple of moments that bring back hints of a grander plot then case after case. We get a little more about Ciel's past and Sebastian's nature. It's ticking up slowly. Toboso seems to be feeding the reader little tidbits here and there to keep them reading. It's working for me. I'm looking forward to seeing how this case resolves and how the characters grow. ( )
  Kassilem | Dec 13, 2012 |

The cheer of the holidays has passed, but the Noah's Ark traveling circus has been making the rounds, bringing fun and joy to children of all ages. However, as the ringmaster's cries fade away, a disturbing trend begins to surface in the wake of the colourful entourage. Children seem to disappear whenever the circus packs up for its next destination, and there are no clues---or corpses---to be found. But when the situation calls for Ciel and Sebastian to infiltrate the big top, will Sebastian's inhuman skills be enough to see him and his young master through a treacherous tightrope act that may well end in death?… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,125,506 books! | Top bar: Always visible