Death Note, Volume 6: Give-and-Take by…

Death Note, Volume 6: Give-and-Take (2003)

by Tsugumi Ohba, Takeshi Obata (Illustrator)

Other authors: Takeshi Obata (Illustrator)

Series: Death Note (Volume 6)

English (12)  Italian (1)  All (13)
Love this series. ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |
2014 Review:

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.com by express permission of this reviewer Synopsis A second Kira appears, and it seems they have greater powers than Light. And Light starts a long term plan that creates a Third Kira while clearing him and his new girlfriend, Misa, of having anything to do with the original or 2nd Kira. My Thoughts A second Kira appears and appears that Kira2 wants to hook up with Kira. So Light maneuvers things, while trying to avoid L, to meet Kira2. And once Light and Misa [who is Kira2] are together, Light must come up with a plan to fool L, kill him and then get rid of Misa. Meanwhile, L is still convinced that Light is Kira, no matter the evidence. And puts Light, Light's father and Misa all in confinement for almost 2 months to try to get some more info to prove Light is Kira.
And finally, Light gives his notebook to another person to throw L off the scent. And loses his memory in the process and goes back to good old Light who wants to catch Kira. Yep, folks, these 3 volumes have more twisty, turny, unnecessary, silly, awesome and totally over the top moments than you can shake a stick at. There is also a lot of text. In most manga, as much of the story is told through the art as through the text. Here, that simply isn't possible. "Thinking" specific thoughts can't be really drawn, you know? On the down side of things, L's gut instinct that Light is Kira is getting annoying. He's right, but it has nothing to do with Logic or evidence. And Light is turning really scary. He's willing to kill off innocents, planning on it in fact, to further his aims. I'm still liking this, but the second impression isn't nearly as faultless as the first. Rating: 4 of 5 Stars Author: Tsugumi Ohba Artist:Takeshi Obata

2007 Review:

the 3rd Kira is uncovered and Light's plan seems to be unrolling. Just don't have a clue what it is. Misa is dumb, period. Ends with the 3rd Kira being cornered. " ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Rating: 4

This is a great volume to the series, but I marked it down a point because of references to sex. ( )
  blog_gal | Jan 2, 2015 |
I'm not sure what to make out of this book. Light seems contradictory. He says he is killing off violent criminals to make the world a better place and that it's right thing to do. That is a world where the wicked die, everyone will be good. But is murder the righteous thing to do? I think this series will be all about that. It's intriguing. I'm puzzled with Light. I don't particularly like him, but at the same time I want to know more. I'm not really sure who I'm rooting for yet, Detective L or Light. Weird, and a bit unnerving. I'll be reading more, simply for the sake of finding out more. ( )
  Kassilem | Aug 12, 2013 |
Death Note is definitely getting good again. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Sep 16, 2011 |

Tsugumi Ohbaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Obata, TakeshiIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Obata, TakeshiIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

L recuits Misa to infiltrate Kira and feed them information to bring them into the open.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,755,335 books! | Top bar: Always visible