How to Study an Old Church by A. Needham

How to Study an Old Church

by A. Needham

221476,730 (5)None

This useful book does exactly what it says on the cover - it tells the reader in text and illustrations,how to study and understand English Churches. Rather than explaining the actual architecture,it describes church furnishings such as pulpits,fonts,lecterns,monuments and so on.
When I was younger I used to take this book with me on my trips around Northamptonshire,visiting the many lovely churches extant there. It was an enormous help in identifying the many items to be found on my travels. Even today it is a constant source of browsing interest. ( )
1 vote devenish | Jul 7, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,740,637 books! | Top bar: Always visible