House by Frank Peretti

House (2006)

by Frank Peretti, Ted Dekker (Author)

The Wishmonger (Wishful Book 1) by Mark R. Morris Jr (Markrmorris2)
    Markrmorris2: The Wishmonger is written in the style of Peretti and Dekker.
    Creepers by David Morrell (bookymouse)

Josh
  LoBiancoBuzzard | Apr 4, 2017 |
oh man! This was creepy, scary, and awesome. A serial murderer traps 4 people in a house. He is either a demon or demon possessed and his House Rule is that they must kill one of their group to let the others live. There is also a little girl[an angel?] and some inbreds. It ends up being about their souls and hearts. I liked it a lot. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
This book was great. It kept me on my toes most of the time. I enjoyed the finctional magic, the mystery of the family and everything else incorporated. It is a great book created by a great author. ( )
  Phoebestone97 | Jun 30, 2016 |
A thriller with a Dekker ending, the story of a psycho with dark powers faces four travelers in the night, in a possessed house inhabited by demons. And into that darkness comes a light, a light so bright that it pierces the darkness in each of their hearts. ( )
  Ermina | Feb 25, 2016 |
The only thing by Peretti I didn't like *a lot*. However, I'm not a fan of Mr. Dekker's fiction, so that influence was probably where it went wrong with me. I really wanted to like it. ( )
  SaraMSLIS | Jan 26, 2016 |

Peretti, FrankAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dekker, TedAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
The light came into the darkness, and the darkness did not understand it.

My heart holds all secrets; my heart tells no lies.
Prologue
He stood motionless in the entryway, staring at his own shadow splayed before him like a stain upon the floor.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159554156X, Paperback)

A mind-bending supernatural thriller from the creators of This Present Darkness and Saint.

Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker—two of the most acclaimed writers of supernatural thrillers—have joined forces for the first time to craft a story unlike any you've ever read. Enter House—where you'll find yourself thrown into a killer's deadly game in which the only way to win is to lose . . . and the only way out is in.

The stakes of the game become clear when a tin can is tossed into the house with rules scrawled on it. Rules that only a madman—or worse—could have written. Rules that make no sense yet must be followed.

One game. Seven players. Three rules. Game ends at dawn.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:00 -0400)

Two stranded couples find shelter in an inn but find themselves trapped in a game with rules setting up a life-or-death situation.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,657,218 books! | Top bar: Always visible