The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, Book 4) by…

The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, Book 4) (edition 2009)

by Melissa De La Cruz

Member:Bookswithbite
Title:The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, Book 4)
Authors:Melissa De La Cruz
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2009), Hardcover, 384 pages

The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz

This book was meatier than the previous three. I appreciated that, though it did end up taking me longer to read. (part of that was due to a busy schedule during the reading of this book) I went through many emotions while reading this installment and this was the first of the series that I actually had tears at one point. We learn more about the histories of some of the characters that we hadn't learned much of as of yet. We see the relationships in new light and maybe, if you're like me, find yourself going back and forth with what you would like the outcome of these relationships to be. We also see more of the enemy and learn more about the enemy and why it IS the enemy. A lot is explained in this book, but it's never boring or dull. I was drawn in once again and am excited to move on in the series. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I forgot just how much comes to light in this book. My heart actually aches for Mimi. She allows some of her walls to come down. And poor Bliss. She has to try so hard to be present in her own body. This is now my favorite so far. We have so many questions answered, even as we have more that have now come up. Oliver also proves how great of a friend he is to Schuyler, and how much he loves her. I'm anxious to see what happens in Misguided Angel. I don't really remember that book very well so it'll be a nice refresher. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
Schuyler and Oliver or Jack and Schuyler?!

Jack is amazingly sexy but he loved Schuyler's mom and was with his sister Mimi for years. Oliver is the good guy, the best friend, the guy your mind agrees with!

I feel sorry for Bliss, being hunted by evil is hard but being evil is harder (her dad is Lucifer). I really like Bliss but she is so weak, and in this book Mimi has changed and I kind of like her now, especially with Kingsley. (I like that Mimi is tough.) I loved chapter 30 when Jack came back to Schuyler and proved to her that he is himself.

The wedding was a disaster! Thank God! I can't believe Kingsley died at the end! It's just so sad! ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
This book is broken into small chapters each covering a different set of characters, sometime the shift was rough and hard to get into. I found myself getting mad because the story I was most interested in keep shifting to another. It was three books in one,each story too short for me. The individual stories were very intriguing, each could have stood alone.
Oliver and Sky are on the run, have been for over a year since Lawrence died. They plan to attend a european vampire party to ask the European vamps for amnesty. Kingsley and Mimi are hunting down Jordan, the Watcher. their journey takes them once again around the world. the other main story was Bliss and her demon Father's abduction of her mind and body, she has lost a year and is starting to gain some control. All three stories ended with a big bang. I am looking forward to the next book. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Kind of slow, like the other books. ( )
  babydogfish | Jan 29, 2016 |
The murdered do haunt their murderers.
                        --Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights
I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems, got to open my eyes to everything. . . .
                        --Evanescence, "Bring Me to Life"
For my mom, Ching de la Cruz,
who always said Blue Bloods would be "the one"

And for Mike and Mattie, always

There had been little time to mourn.

Once left to live the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods--an ancient group of vampires--now find themselves in an epic battle for survival following the stunning revelation of a young socialite's true identity and the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 42 books! | Top bar: Always visible