dismiss

10 Things I Hate About Christianity: Working Through the Frustrations of…

by Jason T. Berggren

1111,308,726NoneNone

A cursory glance at the title would suggest (as I first thought) that the author was totally turned off with Christianity.

However, such is not the case. Rather, the author tackles certain issues about Christianity that have no doubt bothered others, Christian and non-Christian.

For example, some of the topics he discusses include: faith—what’s the difference between that and fantasy? Is it rational or irrational?; prayer—is anyone listening? Does it work?; and the Bible—is it relevant to everyday life? Can you trust and believe what it says?

These and other conundrums-- sin, rules, love, hell, answers, church and Christians-- are tackled one by one through the list of ten ‘problem areas’ of Christianity.

However, in spite of the fact that the author cannot effectively answer many of the questions he raises, he does end each chapter with an explanation of how he has come to terms with them. These explanations may or may not effectively meet the demands of others who may also be dealing with these questions.

In the end, he exhorts us: “…don’t be a ‘Christian’. Be something more. Become something better”.

Perhaps the arguments and responses presented in this book will help some of us do just that.
  MichaelWoodhead | Sep 19, 2010 |

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,998,820 books! | Top bar: Always visible