The Glow by Brooks Stanwood

The Glow (1979)

by Brooks Stanwood

592200,849 (3.3)1 / 2

A completely predictable story.

I saw every "twist" coming.
  nx74defiant | Mar 12, 2017 |
I've had this ratty looking paperback from the 80s sitting on my bookshelf for nearly a decade and decided the other day to start cleaning out some of the older unread books. The blurb was sort of appealing but describes nothing of the actual story so it never really grabbed me when searching for 'the next read'.

Well let me first say; excellent book, am very glad I read it rather than just donating it to charity. What happens?

Well it's hard to say much without giving away the excellent build up present in the novel, but lets just say that a young couple move into a new apartment that is both in a remarkable location and rather inexpensive, this is the first rather odd scenario as most people know good apartments, in good locations do not have inexpensive rents. From here on you're almost waiting for something bad to happen, a serial killer spree, a Hannibal Lecter-esque neighbour, et cetera. Instead what happens is small little things that could be coincidences or could be more and it slowly builds to an unexpected & excellent ending.

Really enjoyed this book. ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Jun 18, 2013 |
'I have immortal longings in me.' Shakespeare, 'Antony and Cleopatra'.
In memory of M.K., A.W.K. and C.E.P. with love that keeps growing
Vinnie Roamno carefully tucked his pint of Fleischmann's into the barrel of leaves, then stuck his heavy bristle broom in on top of it, handle first, and, whistling what he thought was an aria, started toward his next section.

17 avail.1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,939,564 books! | Top bar: Always visible