Alex Crosss Trial by James Patterson

Alex Crosss Trial (edition 2010)

by James Patterson

Title:Alex Crosss Trial
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Arrow (2010), Paperback

Alex Cross's Trial by James Patterson

At first this was a little slow to get into , But as i read more into the chapters it became very interesting. It made me think of how the world still is set in its ways even today , Not as bad but still made me think about it. I would recommend this book to everyone i know. ( )
  LizzyRachel | Sep 16, 2015 |
First off, I liked it. It was an entertaining read. I am doubtful that such gross injustice ever was so prevalent and fragrant as depicted here, so you have to suspend belief a bit and go along to get the maximum impact from this fictional novel. Many great novels require the suspension of common sense and belief, but this one is NOT a great novel, although highly readable and somewhat thought provoking. In spite of the negatives. I give it 4 stars for its entertainment value. ( )
  brucemmoyer | Jul 7, 2015 |
It threw me off when I started to read this because it was not truly an Alex Cross book. I tried it a second time and kept going. Once I realized not to expect Alex I really got into the story as a stand alone book. ( )
  whybehave2002 | May 22, 2015 |
Oh my. I really wish people would stop recommending gruesome stuff to me. I am not the target audience for this. Nor do I think any thriller-reading bigots will learn anything from it. I have no idea who any of these people are except cardboard role-fillers. I found the short chapters to be jarring - like each was a panel or page in a graphic novel? Boy-oh-boy if this is a cut above most supermarket reads, well, let me say I'm glad I don't buy my books there. Sorry. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
Surprise; this book is NOT about Alex Cross being on trial. As a matter of fact he is not even a character.
Instead the reader is drawn into a world of such horror and deep sadness to think of the cruelty of man to another who doesn't look "just like me".

Told from the viewpoint of a young child who witnessed a lynching in a town where the KKK is a strong and proud tradition that should not be taken a stand against.
Sent by the President of the United States to Eudora, Mississippi to ascertain the veracity of the rumors of these events, a young lawyer learns the dark secrets of his hometown and those he grew up with.

I was captivated by this sadly true story and the incredible courage this lawyer found within himself to make a stand despite the very life threatening risks to himself and those he learned to care so deeply for.
A new view into a horrid part of our nation's history.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who seeks truth, enlightenment and a peek into a side of life they may have little personal knowledge of.

This is a book that WILL move you.

It is NOT light entertainment. ( )
  EagleWoman123 | Apr 7, 2015 |
Readers will have to discover the adventure for themselves.
added by Shortride | editBookpage, Joanna Brichetto (Aug 1, 2009)
Detective Alex Cross tells the story of an ancestor, Abraham Cross, and his experiences with lawyer Ben Corbett, recounting one man's pursuit of justice in the face of the resurgence of Ku Klux Klan racism and violence in 1906 Eudora, Mississippi.
added by kthomp25 | editChildren's Literature Reviews
A good book from one of America's most prolific and loved authors. You can't go wrong with that combination.

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
DiLallo, Richardmain authorall editionsconfirmed
For Susan, of course
A few months after I hunted a vicious killer named the Tiger halfway around the world, I began to think seriously about a book I had been wanting to write for years.

The Cross family had more than one hero

Alex Cross tells the incredible story - passed down through generations - of an ancestor's courageous fight for freedom.

Separated by time

From his grandmother, Alex Cross has heard the story of his great uncle Abraham and his struggles for survival in the era of the Ku Klux Klan. Now, Alex passes the family tale along to his own children in a novel he's written--a novel called Trial.

Connected by blood

As a lawyer in turn-of-the-century Washington D.C., Ben Corbett represents the toughest cases. Fighting against oppression and racism, he risks his family and his life in the process. When President Roosevelt asks Ben to return to his home town to investigate rumors of the resurgence of the Ku Klux Klan there, he cannot refuse.

United by bravery

When he arrives in Eudora, Mississippi, Ben meets the wise Abraham Cross and his beautiful granddaughter, Moody. Ben enlists their help, and the two Crosses introduce him to the hidden side of the idyllic Southern town. Lynchings have become commonplace and residents of the town's black quarter live in constant fear. Ben aims to break the reign of terror--but the truth of who is really behind it could break his heart. Written in the fearless voice of Detective Alex Cross, Alex Cross's Trial is a gripping story of murder, love, and, above all, bravery.

Detective Alex Cross tells an ancestor's story, in this astonishing account of one man's bold pursuit of justice in the face of racism and violence.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,766,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible