The Make-Up Girl by Andrea Semple

The Make-Up Girl (2004)

by Andrea Semple

English (1)  Spanish (1)  All (2)
The Make-Up Girl is probably one of the best “chick lit” books I’ve read. It has all the foundations for a good piece of “chick lit” but it also has a couple of twist and turns I didn’t expect. There is some definite “soul-searching” by the main character, Faith.

Plus Faith doesn’t merely let things take their natural course. She asks questions and talks to you, almost as if she’s hoping you`ll give her some intelligent insight. She’s very much like all of us. In high hopes that there’s someone perfect out there for us, someone made just for us. The writer made the character take the time to wonder more and seek knowledge outside of just living.

The sometimes dry, semi-dark, British humor that I didn’t always understand but overall, it’s a great summer read that’s light and enjoyable. ( )
  jacketscoversread | Nov 22, 2008 |

"British cosmetics counter girl Faith Wishart can make up anything, from faces to shole careers and even boyfriends. And that's only the beginning ..."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,412,204 books! | Top bar: Always visible