Why I Hate Saturn by Kyle Baker

Why I Hate Saturn (original 1990; edition 2004)

by Kyle Baker

Member:drasvola
Title:Why I Hate Saturn
Authors:Kyle Baker
Info:Vertigo (2004), Edition: illustrated edition, Paperback, 208 pages
Collections:Comics (Co)
Tags:Superheroes (Co)

Why I Hate Saturn by Kyle Baker (1990)

Normally I love Kyle Barker, especially his plastic man stuff, but this didn't really seem like his typical humor stuff. This was more of a serious work. The heroine was sarcastic and funny in her way, but what made the graphic novel enjoyable was how gritty and lost she and the other characters were. Not what I was expecting, but still a good read. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
Cranky Columnist Anne Merkel is only happy when she's complaining...about her editors, about being single in New York City, about running out of Scotch. But when her long-lost sister shows up claiming to be Queen of the Leather Astro-Girls of Saturn, Anne's going to wish she'd never complained about anything...
  GalenWiley | Apr 9, 2015 |
Baker’s illustrations capture well the expressions made up of the mixed feelings these complex personalities share. He’s a master of the unusual closeup and not afraid to use solid blacks to anchor his art.

For Elizabeth.
Vacationers in Mexico should make sure to see the neon, the giant video screens, and the mini-skirted blondes.
So, basically, what you're saying is that you're upset because you can't compete with anorexic women for unemployed guys.

"Cranky columnist Anne Merkel is only happy when she's complaining-- about her editors, about being single in New York City, about running out of Scotch. But when her long-lost sister shows up claiming to be Queen of the Leather Astro-Girls of Saturn, Anne's going to wish she'd never complained about anything-- " -- p. [4] of cover.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,669,171 books! | Top bar: Always visible