Plum Pudding Murder by Joanne Fluke

Plum Pudding Murder (edition 2009)

by Joanne Fluke, Suzanne Toren (Narrator)

Member:tutter1297
Title:Plum Pudding Murder
Authors:Joanne Fluke
Other authors:Suzanne Toren (Narrator)
Info:RecordedBooks (2009), Audio CD

Plum Pudding Murder by Joanne Fluke

English (35)  Italian (1)  All languages (36)
So as I was packing my bags for Florida, I looked on my bookshelf for books to read by the pool. I wanted light and breezy and that is what I go. I have never read a Joanne Fluke book before, but picked up three at my Church Christmas Bazaar and this was the first one. I will read the other two over the next couple of weeks.

This book was okay, but it was rather predictable. The characters are nosy, overly friendly yet helpful and loyal to one another. There are some actions that were hard to believe, like the fact that the main character Hannah Swenson is dating two guys who know about each other and they are friends. Probably wouldn't happen in real life. The story tends to revolve around The Cookie Jar and baking with a mystery thrown in. Having said that, I copied down 5 recipes from the book. My mouth was watering reading it. The others in the book are pretty much related to Hannah, work for Hannah or her mother or are related to people who work for one of them. Small town I guess. Having said all this, I enjoyed the book, it was what I was looking for, an easy enjoyable read on a sunny day, even though it was a Christmas themed book. That is who I would recommend this book to, someone looking for a simple, easy story to amuse, not make you think about it.

Carlathelibrarian | Feb 5, 2019 |
Being a fan of the Hallmark Murder She Baked series, I was excited to find this book in which the movie was based on. Written with recipes in which Hannah uses at the end of each chapter in which the recipe is introduced provides a great insight into the life of Hannah as written by Fluke. Though there are some points in which two of the characters can become switched and parts in which it feels as if something is missing; Plum Pudding Murder presents a good mystery that leaves the reader guessing until the end ( )
  Preston.Kringle | Dec 20, 2018 |
It's Christmas time in Lake Eden. A super busy time for Hannah Swensen and her bakery The Cookie Jar. This year's popular bakery must-have is Hannah's special plum pudding. The biggest client is "Lunatic Larry Jaeger's Crazy Elf Christmas Tree Lot." It is like a carnival that sells everything Christmas. His standing order for baked good is great, until Hannah finds him dead.

Hannah is now faced with a long list of suspects and a short list of days to find the murderer. Along with eliminating suspects, Hannah also learns some not so savoury things about Larry and some of the suspects.

Another visit to Lake Eden, Minnesota and the citizens of this small town. Some things change, and some don't...Hannah still can't make up her mind about which suitor to choose between Mike and Norman. And she is still turning out recipes for some good sounding cookies.

I am still enjoying reading the series on a steady schedule. Something I've never done before. ( )
  ChazziFrazz | Sep 24, 2018 |
[sigh],by now it's clearly evident that Ms Fluke wants Hannah to be with Norman....the character or Mike is now relegated to a prety boy who just wants to use Hannah for her cooking... [sigh] ( )
  lollyletsgo | Aug 10, 2017 |
It has been awhile since reading anything from this series since I was up for a Christmas installment and I was waiting for the right time of year. Plum Pudding Murder was well worth the wait. Hannah is flawed and genuine as always and being this far in the series brings familiarity and a true fondness for the other characters as well.
The mystery itself is coziness at its best. Author, Joanne Fluke, kicks things off with a good tempting prelude, then goes back to let the story unfold. Nicely played, Ms. Fluke.
My only complaint, although minor, is the love triangle. The characters are all interconnected and all of the this buddy-buddy stuff with the three is beyond awkward. Hannah, you are a nice girl who comes across as a selfish twit when it comes to these men. Choose Norman already.
The Christmas theme rings through loud and clear. The scenes are full of Christmas trees, elves, decorating, gatherings, and Christmas time goodies galore. For those of you who are not familiar with the series, recipes are always included and this collection is among the best. ( )
  StephLaymon | Jan 26, 2016 |
This book is for the lovely Thea Giulia
There were nights like tonight, right after he'd bet a bundle on the losing team, when Larry Jaeger wondered why he'd ever come back to this dinky little town.
This is the book; do not combine with the TV movie.

Rumour has it that "Lunatic Larry" Jaeger is in the red--an idea that takes a sinister turn when Hannah discovers the man himself dead as a doornail in his own office. It seems quite a few people would have liked to fill Larry's stocking with coal and then bash him with it. With so many suspects to investigate and the twelve days of Christmas ticking away, Hannah's running out of time to nab a murderous Scrooge who doesn't want her to see the New Year.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Joanne Fluke's book Plum Pudding Murder was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,406,348 books! | Top bar: Always visible