Starlight by Erin Hunter

The four clans, ThunderClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan, and WindClan found their new home by the lake. Tallstar died that night, but instead of Mudclaw becoming leader, he said Onewhisker is the new deputy before he past away. They decided to stay in one place and the next morning to find the new clan territories. Firestar gives Squirrelpaw her warrior name, Squirrelflight, and then all the leaders decide to send the remaining Midnight cats to explore the new territory. On their mini jorney, they found a good place for RiverClan and their fishing styles, a dense forest for ShadowClan, wide open land for WindClan, and a deep wide hole that provides shelter and is a purrfect place, (see what I did there X3) After all the territories were made soon the Gatherings were set up at the edge of RiverClan territory. Brambleclaw and his half-brother, Hawkfrost, were meeting and talking, and soon Brableclaw had a dream where he and Hawkfrost visited in the Dark Forest, Tigerstar, their evil dead father. He tried minipulated Brambleclaw, but only suceeded with Hawkfrost, (secretly). Spottedleaf met Leafpaw and told her where the new Moonstone was, when she found it, Leafpaw recieved her name at the 'Moonpool', Leafpool. Later Mistyfoot ran to ThunderClan camp and said that Mudclaw and Hawkfrost were seceretly working with eachother to get rid of Onestar. Hawkfrost got away, but sadly Mudclaw died by getting crushed by a falling tree. But the tree that falls came from the little island that is now the new Gathing place.

Sorry, but just like all the other books in this series, I LOVED it. Mostly because this one had secrecy and betrayal. I loved it because afte they long jouney and the trip back and then once again the jouney to the new territoies all the cats became friends :3. This was interesting because it was always a surprise on who would be the bad guy. The reason you should read this book is because it actually touches the soul... it really does. Becasue even though the characters aren't real, you can't help but feel. And that's why you should read these books. ( )
  JuliaW.G3 | May 22, 2014 |
The first half of this book felt like a turning point in the series.
Whereas, up until this point, the books had been action, adventure, political subterfuge, this book felt more like high school drama. Thankfully, it picked back up near the end, but once I finish with The New Prophecy, I think I'll be ditching The Warriors. ( )
  benuathanasia | Sep 5, 2012 |
Starlight was a great book. All four-FIVE clans have settled in their new territories and everything is going well, or is it? ( )
  kenzie12368 | May 2, 2012 |
Finding this book was tricky for me, since it seemed that none of the local libraries had it, and having been unemployed for so long, I couldn't just go out and buy a copy. I was stuck at the end of book 3 for what felt like ages! But the other day I finally got my chance to continue with the story.

This book held a lot of interesting developments for the characters Aside from all four Clans growing more accustomed to their new home, we get to see a lot of developing relationships. It felt somewhat like this book was an "in between" book, not as filled with action and adventure as a lot of the others were, but instead focusing more on telling a lot of what happens when things don't involve fighting.

I was intruiged at numerous places in this book. The hint that Mothwing might have planted her own sign to become a medicine cat was wonderfully done. Normally the foreshadowing in this series as very heavyhanded, and understandably so since the books were written for a younger audience. But I saw no hint of that anywhere else, and I'm hoping there's some elaboration later on.

Hawkfrost is either a brilliant liar, misunderstood, or a mix of both, and I'm inclined to believe the last option. We already know him to ambitious, and we know he looks up to Tigerstar, and so it's not a far stretch to think that he might have been covering his own tail when he repented for his actions with Mudclaw. Time will tell on that, too, I suppose.

And I was very interested to see the budding relationship between Leafpool and Crowfeather. I could see it coming a mile off, honestly, but to see the pieces of the conflict going on inside Crowfeather was a nice touch. Not uncommon, but still nice.

My final comment on this book is that I liked how it was a good feel of a mix of the old and new. I don't just mean that the Clans are evolving and having to change their ways while still hanging on to the tried-and-true, but I've noticed an improvement in the writing compared to earlier books, more stylish turns of phrase and sharper descriptions. But it still stayed true to the style I've come to be familiar with when reading these short novels, and so the new things weren't jarring distractions so much as pleasant surprises. ( )
  Bibliotropic | Jun 7, 2010 |
This is the 4th book in the second series about the 4 Clans of Cats; Warriors the New Prophecy. It was an okay book but moved really slow, without much of significance happening.

This book is definitely a transition book, leading to a main event and not an adventure story itself. The book basically details how the cats deal with setting up the territories in their new home. All of the medicine cats are having dreams about the lake filling with blood. There is a lot of political maneuvering between and within the Clans of cats. I really thought that not much happened in this book. A lot of the book dealt with day to day details on how the cats make their new territories homey and how they deal with the evils of their new territories (manly other predators). There is one part that really bugged me where some cats fell off a cliff and broke their necks; I mean come on, if you are going to write about cats do some research. Cats tend to land on their feet, having a longer drop makes it more likely they will be able to finish the full body rotation and land on their feet. So falling from a higher spot is actually better for a cat, at worst if the impact is too great they could break their legs...but they are not going to break their necks. I mean maybe a little research should go into feline behavior if you are going write about it; for some reason this drove me absolutely crazy.

Despite the fact that the story doesn't move forward all that much, it is still an engaging story and the characters are engrossing. I did find myself holding my breath hoping that a cat would be okay and hoping they escaped from different situations. The book again alternates between different cats and the tale is told from multiple points of view. Every chapter leaves you hanging so you end up being propelled through the book. These books seem to have a very specific formula to them. They leave you hanging at the end of a chapter and all of the action happens over the last couple chapters; the beginning and middle of the book are usually filled with a lot of set-up and tons of foreshadowing that is repeated over and over so many times there is no way you could ever forget what is going to happen.

If you have read all of the books up to this point you will probably finish the series (as I will) but I won't pick up anymore of these books to read. ( )
  krau0098 | Jan 27, 2010 |
AR 5.9, 12 pts

The Clans have finally arrived in their new home, and now they must struggle to establish territories and learn the hidden dangers of this unfamiliar world. Most importantly, they must find a replacement for the Moonstone—a place to communicate with StarClan. But more than one cat is harboring sinister plans that could lead to violence and darkness, and as the warriors wait for a sign, some of them begin to realize that the threats they face in the forest may not be as perilous as the threats they face from within. . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:43 -0400)

The warrior cat Clans arrive at their new home and set about exploring and fighting over the unfamiliar territory.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,094,358 books! | Top bar: Always visible