The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck

The Road Less Traveled (1978)

by M. Scott Peck

Recently added bysarahorme, heathjeffery, CCFTooting, private library, insitelibrary, RobinSheehy, maribou, LauraJKeys
Legacy LibrariesDavid Foster Wallace

A new psychology of love, traditional values and spiritual growth.
  El18 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Insightful. I enjoyed the blending of psychiatric and spirtual thinking. Not preachy. Helpful. ( )
  Mortybanks | May 20, 2013 |
Reading again... ( )
  poonamsharma | Apr 6, 2013 |
Lent: self-improvement through discipline, love, growth, and finally grace; really bogs down in the grace section: God as coincidence, God as dream-giver, etc
  FKarr | Apr 5, 2013 |
This book is defined for me by his terms "Character-disorder" and "Neurotic". They explained my marriage, it's failure and my role. Timeless book. ( )
  johnkuypers | Jul 3, 2012 |
This book is truly a classic in the field of psycho therapy. It deals in n insightful way with the causes and solutions of neurosis among other problems we all deal with in our lives. It gave me an insight to why my 22 and 21 years old are like they are. I could have been a better father who had more consideration of how my personality affected them. I learn more about myself everytime I read it. It is written in a manner that is entertaining rather than dry.
I am happy I have read this wonderful book.

Four Noble Truths of Buddah
To my parents, Elizabeth and David, whose discipline and love gave me the eyes to see grace.
Life is difficult.
Neurosis is always a substitute for legitimate suffering. - Carl Jung

Perhaps o book in this generation has had a more profound impact on our intellectual and spiritual lives than The Road Less Traveled. With sales of more than 7 million copies in the United States and Canada, and translation into more than 23 languages, it has made publishing history, with more than 10 years on The New York Times bestseller list.

Told in a voice that is timeless in its measure of understanding, The Road Less Traveled continues to unable us to explore the nature of loving relationships and leads us toward a new serenity and fullness of life. It help us determine how to distinguish dependency from love; how to become a more sensitive parent; and ultimately how to become one's own true self.

Recognizing that "Life is difficult" and that the journey to spiritual growth is a long one, Dr. Peck never bullies his listeners, but but gently guides them through the hard and often painful process of change toward a higher level of self-understanding.

Combining profound psychological insight and deep spirituality, this is an audiobook that provides inspiration and understanding. As Phyllis Theroux wrote in The Washington Post when the original edition of The Road Less Traveled was first published, "It is not just a book but a spontaneous act of generosity"

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:25 -0400)

Perhaps no book has had a more profound impact on intellectual and spiritual lives than "The Road Less Traveled." In his new Introduction, Dr. Peck recalls how this book evolved from his own early ideas as a therapist who was just beginning his own spiritual growth.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,392,586 books! | Top bar: Always visible