The Leper's Return by Michael Jecks
190262,147 (3.75)8

I have virtually all of Jecks' works. I am new to Library Things so am not going to go into great detail except to say that he has given me many hours of reading pleasure and largley give him 5 stars. Although it has been some years since I found one of the later stories, I was, at the time, prompted to find the first in the series, etc. It is grand that both his former publisher and his new publisher (Simon & Schuster UK) are republishing his books in print and other formats. I have given Jecks 5 star reviews over the years since I stumbled on to him. As to his research, historically it is from primary sources wherein he writes plausible tales into the historical setting. ( )
  Bookaholic2 | Mar 16, 2015 |
Plots are getting better ( )
  DWWilkin | Nov 15, 2008 |

When a local goldsmith, Godfrey of Harwood, is found brutally murdered in his home, Furnshill and Puttock are called on to investigate. But when rumors begin spreading that patients from a local leper hospital might have been involved in Godfrey's murder, a series of vicious attacks on the unfortunate victims ensues, culminating in a disastrous fire at the hospital. In a surprising turn of events, Godfrey's daughter Cecily donates a sum to make good the damage. Her connection to one of the lepers is her motive, and only when that connection has been revealed will the truth about Godfrey's murder emerge.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:29 -0400)

When a Crediton goldsmith, Godfrey of Harwood, is found brutally murdered in his home, once again former Knight Templar Sir Baldwin Furnshill and Simon Puttock, bailiff of Lydford, are called on to unravel the mystery.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,644,297 books! | Top bar: Always visible