L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad

L.A. Candy (2009)

by Lauren Conrad

Recently added bybooksniff, moneal11, moonlitgarden, private library

I loved The Hills, and I love reality TV in general, so I really liked getting a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes. ( )
  booksniff | Aug 20, 2014 |
I admit to watching more than a few episodes of The Hills (though not every season). I was not expecting great literature, and in this era of branding and packaging wonder if Lauren really wrote this. Not that it's so great that she couldn't possibly have written it, but c'mon. She does thank "collaborator" Nancy Ohlin. I don't know for sure who wrote what, so these remarks are "alleged," OK? Anyway, Lauren definitely knows about the subject matter, a young girl who finds her every move documented for a reality show. It's dishy, show-bizzy fluff. And I'll admit that it's not the only Lauren Conrad book I own. ( )
  ennie | Apr 21, 2014 |
I don't like books with incomplete endings. I need one story to END before another begins. I realize LC just wants me to keep reading her books...but seriously, let's finish the first book properly before you start writing another one. ( )
  melissarochelle | Apr 13, 2013 |

When nineteen-year-old Jane Roberts is cast in a new reality show, she discovers that the fame and fortune of her new life come at a high price to herself and her friendships.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,279,860 books! | Top bar: Always visible