Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Centennial by James A. Michener

Centennial (1974)

by James A. Michener

Recently added byjbmonco, SollyReads, private library, Ilzezita, bonnober, LHALibrary

English (35)  Spanish (1)  All languages (36)
Retrieved a record: Bibliographic match uncertain.
  glsottawa | Apr 4, 2018 |
One of the best books I have ever read. They do not write them like this any more. ( )
  weisser4 | Jan 10, 2018 |
Fictional account of multiple generations in Colorado ( )
  JackSweeney | Jan 10, 2017 |
His saga books have no equal, unless you include Rutherford. ( )
  ShelleyAlberta | Jun 4, 2016 |
It can be challenging to finish a Michener book because they are so long but if you like learning about history then you will be glad you persevered. In fact, there is sorrow at having to say goodbye to characters you've been reading about for over 900 pages. ( )
  CathyWacksman | Apr 24, 2016 |
Voor drie voortreffelijke journalisten in Colorado
Floyd Merril van Greeley, die me de rivieren heeft laten zien;
Otto Unfug van Sterling, die me veel over het vee heeft geleerd; Clyde Stanley van Keota, die me naar de prairie heeft geleid.
To Three distinguished Colorado newspapermen:
Floyd Merrill of Greeley, who showed me the rivers;
Otto Unfug of Sterling, who taught me about cattle;
Clyde Staley of Keota, who introduced me to the prairie.
Only another writer, someone who had worked his heart out on a good book which sold three thousand copies, could appreciate the thrill that overcame me one April morning in 1973 when Dean Rivers of our small college in Georgia appeared at my classroom door.
ISBN 0854565698 is for the Reader's Digest Condensed version.

"Michener is America's best writer, and he proves it once again in CENTENNIAL."
THE PITTSBURGH PRESS
A stunning panorama of the West, CENTENNIAL is an enthralling celebration of our country, brimming with the glory and the greatness of the American past that only bestselling author James Michener could bring to stunning life. From the Native Americans, the migrating white men and women, the cowboys, and the foreigners, it is a story of trappers, traders, homesteaders, gold seekers, ranchers, and hunters--all caught up in the dramatic events and violent conflicts that shaped the destiny of our legendary West.

From the Paperback edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:30 -0400)

This is the story of the land and its people of Lame Bever, the Arapaho chieftain and warrior, and his Comanche and Pawnee enemies; of Levi Zendt, fleeing with his child bride from the Pennsylvania Amish; and of the cowboy Jim Lloyd, who falls in love with the wealthy and cultured Englishwoman, Charlotte Seccombe. It is the story of trappers, traders, homesteaders, gold seekers, ranchers, hunters all caught up in the dramatic events and violent conflicts that shaped the destiny of our legendary West.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,463,680 books! | Top bar: Always visible