The Amazon's Curse by Gena Showalter

The Amazon's Curse

by Gena Showalter

Since I broke up with paranormal romance ages ago, I haven't read a lot of the more popular series. This was a free download so I decided to test out the series with it.

This is a short read. From what I understand, it follows the events in previous books. I wasn't too bothered by not having read anything else in the series. Showalter did a good job of bringing me up to speed with dumping a ton of info at once.

Though short, I found this to be well done. I enjoyed the characters and the setting. I plan to pick up the rest of the series now that I've tried it. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Cursed by the Gods to not be seen, heard, felt or leave the village area left Nola nothing to do but follow along as her sisters-by-race had their mating battles. Watching Zane, a vampire she knew that had a been a enslaved before, left her feeling that everything was wrong not just because he stirred emotions in her that she had never had before. Even with the curse she knew she had to find a way to save him from the binding holding him here. Unknowing that Nola watched, Zane could only dream of Nola, the person he wished to see the most and seeing her appear before him made him think he was going crazy or dreaming but finding out that she wanted to help him made him more determined to survive and help her in return.

This combination of Gods, Vampires and other species is very unique. For a short story (about 56 pages) I found myself interested in all of the characters. Wanting to know more of the Vampire King (Layel) and Nola’s sister (Delilah), wondering if their story is out there and I just haven’t found it yet. I will be looking for more, this novella size story was enough to interest me and I want more.
* more info: (It is part of the Atlantis series by Gena Showalter, starting with Heart Of The Dragon - now I know where to start - and that Layel and Delilah‘s story is The Vampire’s Bride). ( )
  onyx95 | Jan 12, 2010 |

Zane, a fierce vampire warrior, has been enslaved by the Amazons. Nola, a lovely Amazon soldier, has been cursed with invisibility. Now, these two stubborn enemies must overcome the pasts that haunt them and embrace a love that can set them free.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,080,206 books! | Top bar: Always visible