Shadow Children Boxed Set: Among the Hidden,…

Shadow Children Boxed Set: Among the Hidden, Among the Impostors, Among…

by Margaret Peterson Haddix

I actually still need to read Among the Barons, but here is my review for the 1st three.

The series was hard for me to get into. The first book dragged and I had problems with Luke. He acted too young for the age he was supposed to be. Now I know that's because of his situation, but it still made it hard for me to get into his character.

I enjoyed books two and three better. ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |

I enjoyed books two and three better. ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
I read the first book of this series for a graduate class and had to read the rest. The first book really hooked me into this world that could come to be where overpopulation is handled in a often sad way and corruption abounds and it is left to innocent children to make the world right again. Thought provoking and well written and some interesting twists and turns along the way to keep interest keen and wanting more until the very end. ( )
  cbandeli | Oct 25, 2008 |
Among the Hidden: This book is the beginning of a series based on the premise that the Government has made it illegal to have more than two children. Luke is one of these Shadow Children, forced to live in his parents' attic. One day, he sees what looks like another child- and it is- another Shadow Child. But, she belongs to a Baron, one of the upper class.

Among the Imposters: Luke has escaped from his attic to become a Baron, with help from Mr. Talbot. Now known as Lee, Luke enrolls in a school filled with mean, strange boys. Luke doesn't know how he's going to survive, until he finds an open door.

Among the Betrayed: NIna was arrested with Jason for being illegal third children. She's given the task to betray three prisoners or risk execution. Nina doesn't know what to do...she doesn't want anyone else to be betrayed, but she also wants to live. ( )
  mrsarey | May 26, 2008 |
This work consists of Among the Hidden and Among the Impostors and Among the Brave and Among the Barons; it should not be combined with any of the individual works.

Imagine a world where families are allowed only two children. Illegal third children -- shadow children -- must live in hiding. If they are discovered, there is only one punishment: Death.

Among the Hidden

International Reading Association Young Adults' Choice

Among the Betrayed

An America Library Association Quick Pick

International Reading Association/Children's Book Council Children's Choice

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:18 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,059,291 books! | Top bar: Always visible