Super Consciousness: The Quest for the Peak…

Super Consciousness: The Quest for the Peak Experience (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Colin Wilson (Author)

Throughout history there have been references and examples in literature, art and philosophy of an increased awareness of life while under the influence of extreme emotions - these have become known as Peak Experiences. Here, Colin Wilson investigates the effects and history of the phenomenon.
Member:NathanielStoll
Title:Super Consciousness: The Quest for the Peak Experience
Authors:Colin Wilson (Author)
Info:Watkins (2009), Edition: 1, 224 pages
Tags:to-read

Super Consciousness: The Quest for the Peak Experience by Colin Wilson (2009)

He really didn't talk much about super consciousness and peak experiences. He kind of rattled on about every philosopher and famous author in history.
note book # 832
  JhonnSch | Apr 10, 2016 |
It is a long time since I read any of Colin Wilson's books. I remember with some affection his Outsider cycle. Then as now he is notable for his breadth of coverage and the doors that he opens on writers you might never encounter otherwise.

Super Consciousness was a treat and I read it from cover to cover very quickly and with interest. Some of the themes tackled in the Outsider were revisited and advanced. Wilson remains an optimist and I thank him for that. Particularly striking is his positioning of Beckett which he tackles in a chapter entitled The Paradoxes of Nihilism; and there is an unmissable assessment of philosophy. Wilson says what I want to hear and he says it in a very readable way.

In his last paragraph (before the Postscript), Wilson talks about catching "a glimpse of another level". All those years ago, when reading The Outsider, he helped me do this and I have followed his lead ever since. With Super Consciousness he adds some practical advice for achieving this. I applaud his tenacity over the years. ( )
  bookery | Mar 27, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,489,691 books! | Top bar: Always visible