Turn Up the Heat: A Couples Guide to Sexual…

Turn Up the Heat: A Couples Guide to Sexual Intimacy

by Kevin Leman

943193,318 (3)6

I bought this self-help novel soon after my marriage and really enjoyed the advice and questions posed to Leman. A good resource for first-time newlyweds or couples of any age. ( )
  JSilverwood | Aug 27, 2016 |
I was a bit disappointed in this book which turned out to employ a mostly question and answer format with a little additional information. Each chapter was organized around a theme with some numbered points included at some point and a section wrapping it up at the end. The book would probably work best for persons who are already married but who are having problems in the area of sexual intimacy for whatever reason. He covers most of them in the course of the book. While a few engaged couples might find it useful, I think most who have not yet experienced the problems mentioned will not benefit from it. ( )
  thornton37814 | Mar 10, 2015 |
What can I say? I've always been a fan of Dr. Leman's books, whether they're about Birth Order, marriage, family relationships, women & perfectionism, or sex. I find his writing style to be very casual, personal (he uses himself and his own life & marriage for a lot of anecdotes), and approachable, and always peppered with humor. He's the kind of self-help writer that you feel you know once you've read one of his books... like if you saw him in the street tomorrow, you could walk up and just say "Hey, Dr. Leman! How's Sande? Did you have a good time on your annual family trip?" etc.

So, once again, he's written a 'sex book', comparable (but still different) to Sheet Music, which I read last year. While I think I preferred Sheet Music over this one, he had a lot of good content inside this volume that I think would be very helpful to many. It's mostly presented in a Q&A format, based around popular questions he gets during marriage seminars and regular marriage counseling practice, so it was interesting to read about the common issues and concerns couples have... because really, there's a reason why they're common concerns!

All around, a well-written and well-presented volume (as usual) from a psychologist who, all things considered, writes his books (and presents himself) more like an easy-going friend than anything else. ( )
  dk_phoenix | Jun 16, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0800719034, Hardcover)

One of God's greatest gifts is the pleasure and privilege of sex within marriage. Dr. Kevin Leman knows even married people have lots of questions about sex, but sometimes they feel too embarrassed to ask or don't know where to turn for the best answers. For all those questions readers couldn't imagine asking their pastor or even their close friends, Dr. Leman is ready with open ears and expert advice. Often asked about sex and intimacy as he speaks and travels, he bets that some of those questions are the ones readers want answered too. With his trademark humor and wit, he offers frank answers to the burning questions all of us have about sex. Covering such topics as God's original intentions for sex, body image, attraction, expectations, sex drive, sex after children arrive, and much, much more, Turn Up the Heat is comprehensive in scope and just what the doctor ordered. Readers will not only get the answers they crave but plenty of the hearty chuckles they expect from Leman. Perfect for newlyweds or couples who have been married for years.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:53 -0400)

Offers frank answers to Christians' questions about sex, covering such topics as God's original intentions for sex, sex drive, and sex after children arrive, in a comprehensive resource for newlyweds or couples who have been married for years.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,423,636 books! | Top bar: Always visible