Beware the Night by Ralph Sarchie

Beware the Night

by Ralph Sarchie

I admit, I was fascinated, but totally skeptical. The kids voices in the phones couldn't have been actual dead kids? Why do I believe that dead kids would talk through a phone but not demons? Why do I think that this guy takes things way too seriously but I believe in ridiculous things as well? Anyway, interesting read, but I think this guy is way too demon obsessed. ( )
  bookwormteri | Jul 1, 2015 |
Scared the ever loving crap out of me when I first read it back in my teenage years. I was dumb to read it at night and at 3 am (which he talks about the significance of 3 am in the book) I had to use the bathroom and I was so scared to leave my well lit room, I had to take a rosary with me. I've never peed so quick in my life. Suffice it to say, I did not sleep at all that night. ( )
  reigningstars | Dec 4, 2014 |
Surprisingly good, if you're interested in unusual phenomena. Although Sarchie tends to wander off topic, all his musings and recollections are fascinating. A tough cop and devout Catholic, he has assisted with over 20 exorcisms as of the writing of his book.

Interesting take on poltergeists and occult -- claims that all or most poltergeist phenomena are in actuality demon infestation, since in his opinion human spirits aren't strong enough to gather or command enough energy to physically move heavy objects, or make them appear or disappear. Also claims that even casual contact with the occult, such as a single use of a Ouija board, can be an invitation to the demonic. Labels demonic activity in three phases: infestation, oppression, and possession. His stories, if unembellished, are quite convincing evidence of the existence of evil.

I especially appreciated that he ended his book by sharing the exact prayers to which he refers so often in his storytelling. ( )
1 vote ethayer | Sep 19, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312977379, Mass Market Paperback)

A sixteen-year NYPD veteran, Ralph Sarchie works out of the 46th Precinct in New York's south Bronx. But it is his other job that he calls "the Work": investigating cases of demonic possession and assisting in the exorcisms of humanity's most ancient--and most dangerous--foes. Now he discloses for the first time his investigation into incredible true crimes an inhuman evil that were never explained, solved, or understood except by Sarchie and his partner. Schooled in the rituals of exorcism, and an eyewitness to the reality of demonic possession, Ralph Sarchie has documented a riveting chronicle of the inexplicable that gives a new shape to the shadows in the dark.

In Beware the Night, he takes readers into the very hierarchy of a hell on earth to expose the grisly rituals of a Palo Mayombe priest; a young girl whose innocence is violated by an incubus; a home invaded by the malevolent spirit of a supposedly murdered ninteenth-century bride; the dark side of a couple who were literally, the neighbors from hell; and more. Ralph Sarchie's NYPD revelations are a powerful and disturbing documented link between the true-crime realities of life and the blood-chilling ice-grip of a supernatural terror.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:18 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,625,662 books! | Top bar: Always visible