Since the Surrender: Pennyroyal Green Series…

Since the Surrender: Pennyroyal Green Series (edition 2009)

by Julie Anne Long

Member:julienne_preacher
Title:Since the Surrender: Pennyroyal Green Series
Authors:Julie Anne Long
Info:HarperCollins e-books (2009), Edition: Original, Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Collections:E-books, 2012
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, historical romance, widows, captains, art, prostitution, mystery

Since the Surrender by Julie Anne Long

Recently added byBugetta, psychotropek, private library, ellew1, donnamesker, dkhiggin, ashleynicole1030

I really liked Chase & Rosalind and their story. There was some fun witty dialogue and some fun 12 year old boy style word play. It's a testament to how much I liked these characters and the story that even though they indulged in one of my least favorite sexual assignations we're on an illegal and could be dangerous search - we must do it right now I still really enjoyed the book overall. ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |
Amazon preorder,Amazon received
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
While there was some of the trademark humor that I love from Julie Anne Long books, I found overall that the story didn't really sparkle like some of her books. The mystery aspect wasn't very interesting and the love story was a bit lacking.

I did enjoy some of the humorous aspects, such as Colin's new obsession with cows that seems to follow poor Chase around for the whole book. As well as Chase's fear of puppets. All of the bawdy pseudonyms were good fun too and I found that I really liked Liam, which surprised me as I don't usually love children in the books I read.

Overall I'm giving this one 3 stars and looking forward to reading [b:I Kissed an Earl|7069272|I Kissed an Earl (Pennyroyal Green, #4)|Julie Anne Long|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1265794080s/7069272.jpg|7322420]. ( )
  Jyl22075 | Mar 31, 2013 |
I Kissed An Earl is the fourth installment in the Pennyroyal Greens series by Julie Anne Long. I have recently this past year discovered this author, and I have just loved each of her books that she has written (even though its only been a few so far) I just read this so fast that my head spin, I was so caught up in the story and the entertaining characters that had me laughing through most of it. There was such a witty side to the story, even though the plot there wasn’t much except toward the end, it was their interaction with each other that made it far from dull, and a fun and warm love story!!! Although far from my favorite read, it did make me smile, laugh, and feel contentment at the end!!! Since The Surrender is the third installment in the Pennyroyal Green series by Julie Ann Long. This is the first time that I have read a book from this author, and I am so glad that I did. I had heard good things, so I decided to try her out, and the blurb sounds interesting so when I saw it in the library I couldn't refuse to pick it up. At the beginning, the story caught my attention, but the consistency of vivid interest wasn't all the way through, just on and off, but I enjoyed the plot of the story, and the intensity of the relationship between the characters, and of course a boy urchin, who just caught at my heart strings, and wished I could take him under my wing, a very charming story overall....definitely planning on reading more from this author!!! A Great Read!! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 3, 2013 |
This Pennyroyal series is getting better and better as we get further into it. Chase Eversea, a military man, comes face to face with his one indiscretion, Rosalind March, the wife of his former commanding officer. Now it is five years later, Rosalind is now a widow and she needs a favor of Chase that leads to the uncovering of a prostitution ring while searching for her missing sister. Together, the two must solve the mystery. I really enjoyed this romance with a mystery built into it. It reminded me of a Sebastian St. Cyr mystery. Looking forward to the next. ( )
  ktleyed | Dec 31, 2012 |
For Dom

English war hero Captain Chase Eversea reencounters Rosalind, the headstrong woman, now reformed, with whom he committed one of the biggest indiscretions of his past, when she enlists his aid in searching for her missing sister.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,970,252 books! | Top bar: Always visible