Yes man : the amazing tale of what happens…

Yes man : the amazing tale of what happens when you decide to say - yes (edition 2008)

by Danny Wallace

Member:frannyor
Title:Yes man : the amazing tale of what happens when you decide to say - yes
Authors:Danny Wallace
Info:London : Ebury, 2008.
Collections:sent to Book Mooch, Shed
Rating:***

Yes Man by Danny Wallace

2006 (4) 2009 (4) 2010 (3) Already read (3) anglophilia (2) autobiographical (3) autobiography (12) biography (17) British (12) comedy (24) danny wallace (8) fiction (8) fun (4) funny (8) humor (91) inspiration (3) memoir (27) movie (3) non-fiction (72) own (3) philosophy (4) positive thinking (6) quirky (3) read (15) read in 2009 (4) to-read (10) travel (13) unread (3) wishlist (5) yes (7)
    Join Me! by Danny Wallace (LadyHazy, daisiesn)
    The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart (LadyHazy)
    LadyHazy: Another story about a central character who puts restrictions on his decision making, thus changing the outcome of their life.

English (26)  Dutch (1)  All languages (27)
i had seen the movie, and thought it 'off' for a couple reasons. one, the main character was too old for some of the things he did, and two, many of the things that happened didn't make sense. bbut i stumbled upon the book on amazon, and it sounded good. glad i bought it! the idea for the movie may have come from the book, but the events that happened are totally different! i really enjoyed this book, and now plan to read a couple others by danny wallace. ( )
  ownedbycats | Sep 1, 2013 |
I had a hard time with the way the story was told, but by the end of the book I was glad I read it. ( )
  annmariestover | Apr 4, 2013 |
started out sort of fun but dragged on into the ridiculous, a good after-school-special-type message for aspiring grown-ups ( )
  EhEh | Apr 3, 2013 |
Really quite funny, but kind of falls apart at the end. Not as treacly as you might expect; kind of Douglas Adams-ish.

I might see the movie, although Jim Carrey will probably make it grossly sentimental. ( )
  JenneB | Apr 2, 2013 |
Excellent funny book. There were parts I was falling about laughing. The idea is fantastic and believable. Warning: Do not see the film as it is Americanised and rubbish. ( )
  lisathomson | Jan 11, 2013 |
"The wise man can pick up a grain of sand and envision a whole universe. But the stupid man will just lie down on some seaweed and roll around until he's completely draped in it. Then he'll stand up and go, 'Hey, I'm Vine Man!'"
- Jack Handey
For my mum and dad,
And for Sammy
It was nearly midnight. I was standing in the rain, outside the house of a rich banker in Las Vegas.
From Amazon: 'I, Danny Wallace, being of sound mind and body, do hereby write this manifesto for my life. I swear I will be more open to opportunity. I swear I will live my life taking every available chance. I will say Yes to every favour, request, suggestion and invitation. I Will Swear To Say Yes Where Once I Would Say No.' Danny Wallace had been staying in. Far too much. Having been dumped by his girlfriend, he really wasn't doing the young, free and single thing very well. Instead he was avoiding people. Texting them Instead of calling them. Calling them Instead of meeting them. That is until that one fateful date when a mystery man on a late-night bus told him to 'Say Yes more'. These three simple words changed Danny's life forever. Yes Man is the story of what happened when Danny decided to say Yes to everything, in order to make his life more interesting. And boy, did it get more interesting.

Danny Wallace had been staying in far too much. Having been dumped by his girlfriend he was avoiding people. That is until that one fateful day when a mystery man on a late-night bus told him to 'say yes more'. These words changed Danny's life forever. This is the story of what happened when Danny decided to say yes to everything.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,495,427 books! | Top bar: Always visible