The Lost by J. D. Robb

The Lost

by J. D. Robb (Contributor)

Other authors: Mary Blayney (Contributor), Patricia Gaffney (Contributor), Ruth Ryan Langan (Contributor)

Series: In Death (anthology includes "Missing in Death" 29.5)

Recently added byrena75, private library

How does a dead body and a killer just disappear off a floating ferry in the middle of the water and no one see them? Well, it's Eve Dallas' job to find out. ( )
  wndy2011 | May 1, 2018 |
Very much enjoyed the JD Robb story, and the Ruth Ryan Langan one was sexy and romantic. But the others? No dice. The dog days one couldn't reconcile the fantasy with the reality for me at all, and Lost in Paradise was overflowing with Christianity. I don't know if I can recommend this given the varying story quality between the four stories. The two I enjoyed I'd give 4/5, but the others are 1-2/5, which is just not good enough. ( )
  lydiasbooks | Jan 17, 2018 |
Haven't read a collection like this that I recall. Did enjoy all the stories, though none got "deep" enough for me. Tough to do in a story this long. Found the Dog Days of Laurie Summer by Patricia Gaffney to be the best in the book - a really good read, and one that I wouldn't have picked up just by reading the description. It was a well-written story, with characters that I could identify with and a premise that was intriguing (coma patient's awareness moves into a dog adopted by her family). I enjoyed it so much, I plan to look the author up and see what else she has written. The weakest link was Mary Blayney - it was an OK story, but was not nearly as polished as the others. If you enjoy stories with a touch of romance (without it being overpowering), this selection is a nice read and I recommend it. ( )
  LLRobinett | Jan 29, 2017 |
This was a good collection of stories. I started it for the In Death, but ended up enjoying all 4 novellas. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Typical Eve-Roarke. If you are reading this short, you are committed to the series. Good, bad, or in-between. ( )
  lesmel | May 23, 2013 |

Robb, J. D.Contributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Blayney, MaryContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gaffney, PatriciaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Langan, Ruth RyanContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
On a day kissed gently by summer, three thousand, seven hundred and sixty-one passengers cruised the New York Harbor on the Staten Island Ferry.
This title contains 4 paranormal short stories:
"Missing in death" by J. D. Robb
"Dog days of Laurie Summer" by Patricia Gaffney
"Lost in paradise" by Mary Blayney
"Legacy" by Ruth Ryan Langan.

J. D. Robb's Missing in Death investigates a female tourist's disappearance during a ferry ride. Detective Eve Dallas wonders - if she didn't jump, and she's not on board, then where in the world is she?

In J. D. Robb's Missing in Death, when a female tourist's disappearers during a ferry ride, Detective Eve Dallas wonders ... if she didn't jump, and she's not on board, then where in the world is she? In Patricia Gaffney's The Dog Days of Laurie Summer, a woman awakens to a familiar yet unsettling world. In Mary Blayney's Lost in Paradise, a man locked in an island fortress finds hope for freedom in an enigmatic nurse. And Ruth Ryan Langan's Legacy belongs to a young woman who unearths a family secret buried on the grounds of a magnificent but imposing Irish castle.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,530,532 books! | Top bar: Always visible