Grave Secret by Charlaine Harris

English (60)  Italian (1)  All languages (61)
Fourth of four novels in the Harper Connelly mystery series. As a result of being struck by lightning as a teenager, Harper has the ability to sense the location of dead people. Harper can’t actually tell who killed murder victims, but she can tell how they died. She now makes a living at this, travelling the country with her protective stepbrother, Tolliver Lang.

Travelling back to their childhood home in Texas, Harper and Tolliver's memories of their terrible childhood resurface. They are drawn back into the family secrets as they learn that Tolliver's father is out of jail and Harper finally discovers what happened to her missing sister Cameron so many years before... ( )
  boppisces | Jan 10, 2015 |
fun read ( )
  jodiesohl | Jan 10, 2015 |
3.5 stars & the best of this series I've read yet. I dislike Harper. She whines about her past too much. This time, that works out well, though. Lots of twists & turns. Unfortunately, some of the motivations weren't as logical as I would have liked. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
I have been thinking about how to review this book all weekend. It comes as no surprise that I'm giving it two stars.

First, it creeps me out that Harper still calls Tolliver her brother...not stepbrother..."brother." That's. just. EWWW.

Second, this reads like a really bad choose-your-own-adventure story where all the adventures some how tangle up and no matter what pages you choose, you still end up wondering what the heck happened and why.

Third, Harper is as co-dependent at the end of the book (and series) as she was at the start of the first book (and series).

Actually, I could probably go on for an hour about the things I don't like in this book or the series overall. It's just no worth the effort. It's an awful book and an awful series. ( )
  lesmel | Feb 10, 2014 |
An easy read. Compared to Sookie Stackhouse and her acquaintances, Harper Connelly's ability to sense the dead and hear their final moments feels relatively normal. This book is the fourth in a series. I suppose a lot of loose threads from the previous books are tied together here, but the book works even though I didn't read them. Harris uses the story to show how much children, even in dysfunctional families, want to maintain a family unit. ( )
  raizel | Dec 12, 2013 |
To my son Patrick, simply because I think he's great.
"All right," said the straw-haired woman in the denim jacket.

Harper Connelly and her stepbrother Tolliver search for answers to the disappearance of Harper's older sister.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,140,231 books! | Top bar: Always visible