Grave Secret (Harper Connelly Mysteries,…

Grave Secret (Harper Connelly Mysteries, Book 4) (edition 2010)

by Charlaine Harris

Harper Connelly and her stepbrother Tolliver search for answers to the disappearance of Harper's older sister.
Member:jetblack615
Title:Grave Secret (Harper Connelly Mysteries, Book 4)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Berkley (2010), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Tags:50 Book Challenge 2012

Grave Secret by Charlaine Harris

English (72)  Italian (1)  All languages (73)
A Satisfying Conclusion - though I wish there would be more.

Harris ties up the mysteries of Harper's life, though it's too much to hope she might develop this series more. Harris seems happy to build interesting characters and settings, and tie them up and move on. She does it well, but sometimes it would be nice to go on a bit longer..... ( )
  mrklingon | Apr 22, 2019 |
Mostly quick moving with a pretty high body count, if you consider the deaths that take place 8 yrs before the main action, one of which Harper has been called to testify on. Harris characters are, as usual, more 3-D than is too common in paranormal fiction. ( )
  quondame | Nov 24, 2018 |
Grave Secret is an interesting book, yet it feels as if the reader comes into the story after it starts. There are also issues regarding the switching between present and future tense during the story. The good thing of this book is that the action scenes are really good, yet seem rushed. ( )
  Preston.Kringle | Nov 23, 2018 |
I didn't realise this was part of a series when I started reading it. Reading the previous instalments probably would have helped a bit, but this novel was able to stand alone in its own right. I enjoyed it. Some good plot twists. ( )
  AngelaJMaher | Jun 19, 2018 |
Grave Secret
4 Stars

When Harper and Tolliver travel home to Texas, the secrets of the past come back to haunt them. Tolliver’s father is out of jail and trying to worm his way back into his children’s lives; new evidence in the disappearance of Harper’s sister comes to light and a unexpected grave reading has deadly consequences.

The plot revolves around two seemingly unrelated mysteries, the murders of a wealthy oil magnet and his young caretaker alongside the case of Cameron Connelly. Although the explanations come as somewhat of a surprise, the twists and turns are very compelling and make perfect sense given the characters and the circumstances.

Harper and Tolliver’s romance goes from strength to strength and the obvious love, trust and affection between the two is a highlight of the story. Tolliver’s faith in and acceptance of Harper abilities as well as his loyalty to her makes him one of my favorite heroes. Likewise, Harper’s prickly nature and uncompromising love for Tolliver make her particularly endearing.

All in all, a satisfying conclusion to the series with a great sense of closure but I’m sad to see it come to an end. Looking forward to reading more about Manfred in the Midnight, Texas series and will also listen to the Aurora Teagarden books to get my Charlaine Harris fix. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bresnahan, AlyssaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my son Patrick, simply because I think he's great.
"All right," said the straw-haired woman in the denim jacket.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,743,596 books! | Top bar: Always visible