Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, Book 5) by…

Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, Book 5) (edition 2010)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:sidhevicious
Title:Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, Book 5)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace Hardcover (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 352 pages
Tags:TBR, Urban Fantasy, Werewolves

Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs (zannyvix)
    Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (DonnerLibrary)
    DonnerLibrary: Both books involve women learning more about the werewolves they are involved with.

English (96)  French (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (98)
Fast read, large font and suspect in paperback this will look like a smaller book. Fast paced, good action, things going on with the pack, the mate bond and the fae. With Mercy's 'house' burned down, will she move in now with Adam, or take the duplex next to Warren that we saw is 'for rent'? ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Mercy and Adam finally are acting like a mated pair. They are dating, with all the excitement that goes with it. (it's sweet) Ah, but his/her pack is not so happy with the union. Samuel may finally give in to his wolf. There is an evil force that is looking for something that it thinks Mercy has, and it will kill to get it. Adam is hurt badly and Mercy is gone....The Merock steps in to try to help.
Fabulous addition to the series, loved the action and the sweetest of romances between Adam and Mercy. The only thing missing was Stephan. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I'd say 4.5 stars. :) ( )
  emblue | Jan 3, 2016 |
Patricia Briggs writes UF at it's very best. Perfect for anyone who wants a nice, action-packed read, a kick-ass heroine, and just the right amount of steam. I think this was a wonderful bounce back from the last book, which wasn't my favorite by Patricia Briggs.

I can't wait to jump into River Marked after reading this one. I think that this book is the defining point for all her male type relationships. In the last book I felt a little unsure about her relationship with both Sam and her other wolf, I was very happy with her decision. I was also happy not to see any crazy vamps in this book...but I am sure they are still out skulking in the background waiting. There were however, some crazy Fae. I think this series returns to the scary, creepy, who knows what sort of Fae, Which is good and bad, good because it's classic and it fits, bad because it creeps me the heck out. I think of the Hell Boy 2 Fae for this book when I read it.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed this book and will willingly get sucked into the next one in this series. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
(Listened to audiobook version.) Enjoyable entry in the Mercy Thompson series. ( )
  PerpetualRevision | Oct 25, 2015 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Long-Suffering Editors who never lose their cool, Husbands who feed horses, Children who drive themselves and fix their own meals, to Vets who take panicked phone calls at all hours, and to all of you who give of your time, talents and energy to help others and to be there when you are needed.
My thanks.
The starter complained as it turned over the old Buick's heavy engine.

It seems the book contains secret knowledge-and the Fae will do just about anything to keep it out of the wrong hands. And if that doesn't take enough of Mercy's attention, her friend Samuel is struggling with his wolf side-leaving Mercy to cover for him, lest his own father declare Sam's life forfeit.

All in all, Mercy has had better days. And if she isn't careful, she might not have many more to live...

When mechanic and shapeshifter Mercy Thompson attempts to return a powerful Fae book she'd previously borrowed in an act of desperation, she finds the bookstore locked up and closed down. It seems the book contains secret knowledge--and the Fae will do just about anything to keep it out of the wrong hands. And if that doesn't take enough of Mercy's attention, her friend Samuel is struggling with his wolf side--leaving Mercy to cover for him, lest his own father declare Sam's life forfeit.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,069,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible