Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, Book 5) by…

Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, Book 5) (edition 2010)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:sidhevicious
Title:Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, Book 5)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace Hardcover (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 352 pages
Tags:TBR, Urban Fantasy, Werewolves

Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs (zannyvix)
    Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (DonnerLibrary)
    DonnerLibrary: Both books involve women learning more about the werewolves they are involved with.

English (93)  French (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (95)
Patricia Briggs writes UF at it's very best. Perfect for anyone who wants a nice, action-packed read, a kick-ass heroine, and just the right amount of steam. I think this was a wonderful bounce back from the last book, which wasn't my favorite by Patricia Briggs.

I can't wait to jump into River Marked after reading this one. I think that this book is the defining point for all her male type relationships. In the last book I felt a little unsure about her relationship with both Sam and her other wolf, I was very happy with her decision. I was also happy not to see any crazy vamps in this book...but I am sure they are still out skulking in the background waiting. There were however, some crazy Fae. I think this series returns to the scary, creepy, who knows what sort of Fae, Which is good and bad, good because it's classic and it fits, bad because it creeps me the heck out. I think of the Hell Boy 2 Fae for this book when I read it.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed this book and will willingly get sucked into the next one in this series. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
This was an awesome book!! We saw more into the connection between Mercy and Adam. Love them as a couple!! Also found out more about Sam's past! Fantastic story, well written and a great pace. ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
My three-star rating is down to personal preference. I'm not into the fae and they were a big part of the second half of the book, which I found myself skimming. I didn't particularly like the way Samuel's problems were resolved so quickly and easily with the introduction of Ari, it didn't feel right. Of course Samuel deserves happiness but Ari came out of the blue and Samuel falling immediately in love with someone he hadn't seen in decades or more wasn't very realistic. However, the writing was great and I enjoyed the Pack politics but this book isn't one of my favourites. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
SPOILERS!

I enjoyed this book very much, Briggs strikes an excellent chord between the elements of Urban Fantasy. I appreciate very much that Mercy time and again saves herself, the cavalry is there, it just isn't often needed. ( )
  raselyem7 | Aug 30, 2014 |
"All things die, Mercedes. Some just take longer than others."

What a great installment to the series! The thing that really shines the most in this one is the depth of all the characters (not just Mercy). You really get to see different sides to the main characters. Readers get to see Adam's vulnerability (finally) and see that he will stop at nothing to keep Mercy safe. We see Samuel's overwhelming despair and what it will turn him into. We also get to see Adam's pack fractured and what it will take to unite them once again.

I could go on and on all day talking about my love of Adam and Mercy's relationship. In this installment you can really see their deep connection and their deep love. Some of the pack may want to tear them apart but they'll fight to be together. Honestly I felt like those pack members should have been punished more.

I was just heartbroken for Samuel throughout this book. I had felt that something was going to happen with him but it was still hard to see him struggling so much. I have to say that I am ecstatic with where he was at the end of the book. I am really looking forward to seeing what happens with him next in the series.

The plot was definitely interesting and I loved the events towards the end. I am rushing through this review because I just can't wait to start the next one. ( )
  dpappas | Aug 26, 2014 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Long-Suffering Editors who never lose their cool, Husbands who feed horses, Children who drive themselves and fix their own meals, to Vets who take panicked phone calls at all hours, and to all of you who give of your time, talents and energy to help others and to be there when you are needed.
My thanks.
The starter complained as it turned over the old Buick's heavy engine.

It seems the book contains secret knowledge-and the Fae will do just about anything to keep it out of the wrong hands. And if that doesn't take enough of Mercy's attention, her friend Samuel is struggling with his wolf side-leaving Mercy to cover for him, lest his own father declare Sam's life forfeit.

All in all, Mercy has had better days. And if she isn't careful, she might not have many more to live...

When mechanic and shapeshifter Mercy Thompson attempts to return a powerful Fae book she'd previously borrowed in an act of desperation, she finds the bookstore locked up and closed down. It seems the book contains secret knowledge--and the Fae will do just about anything to keep it out of the wrong hands. And if that doesn't take enough of Mercy's attention, her friend Samuel is struggling with his wolf side--leaving Mercy to cover for him, lest his own father declare Sam's life forfeit.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,483,397 books! | Top bar: Always visible