Pursuit of honor : a novel by Vince Flynn

Pursuit of honor : a novel (edition 2009)

by Vince Flynn

Member:joefilak
Title:Pursuit of honor : a novel
Authors:Vince Flynn
Info:New York : Atria Books, 2009.
Rating:*****
Tags:gp

Pursuit of Honor by Vince Flynn

This is a direct sequel to Extreme Measures, and as such it takes a surprisingly long time to get going. There's also a LOT of talking and discussion, even *gasp* introspection as compared to other Flynn works I've read so far. Still, enough action to satisfy thriller fans, some nice twists, and no torture scenes this time-yay! If you lean to the left, you will probably hate the Senate hearings part in this one because it ventures into another controversial issue. Let's just say Limbaugh and Beck like this author for a reason LOL. The ending leaves you wanting more, which I guess is a good thing, but also has a nice sense of closure. I can almost see it being the last in the series, although it's probably not likely at this point. ( )
  MashaK99 | Jun 11, 2013 |
This Mitch Rapp book picks up where Extreme Measures left off and I would recommend reading that one first. In this book, Mr. Flynn continues to have the debate around CIA tactics (not always being legal, exactly) vs. following the law. Don't be too alarmed--Rapp finds ways to break the rules and get things done so that whole debate thing gets dashed aside. There was a bit more politics in this book but overall, a good quick page-turner. Like the last book, there were a number of groan-inducing scenes (I gotta finish this book so let's throw in a HUGE coincidence to keep things moving) that you expect in most of these thriller books. I miss the earlier works of Mr. Flynn. He appears to be getting into Tom Clancy territory--some great early books and then they just tapered off to mediocrity and indistinguishable from the other thrillers.
  walterqchocobo | Apr 8, 2013 |
yet another really good Vince Flynn thriller ( )
1 vote barb302 | Jul 31, 2011 |
I don't usually review this type of book. This is an exception.

The story was fine, but the simple, or should I say childish view of right and wrong is pathetic.

Mitch Rapp has no respect for authority or elected officials or really no one. One place in the book he thinks he might have to kill a friend whose conscience is showing.

Killing or torturing Americans because he thinks it's right is not a America I want.
1 vote satchmo77 | Jan 13, 2011 |
Mitch Rapp the uber mensch CIA operative does it again. He kills the crazy arab terrorist and saves his buddy.

I keep wondering why I read this author, as it has a moral and political viewpoint I am in total disagreement with. I bet Dick Cheney likes it though. ( )
  FredB | Dec 25, 2010 |
It's not easy keeping these stories sleek while preventing them from becoming parodies of themselves, and in that regard, "Pursuit of Honor" may be the best Rapp novel yet. Flynn does his job in making one want more.

Vince Flynnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Guidall, GeorgeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Mitch Rapp comes up against a new and deadly enemy when he is unofficially ordered to find three terrorists by any means necessary. They've attacked Washington D.C., killing 185 and wounding hundreds. So far, however, his investigation has been painfully complicated and has yet to yield a single solid lead--and the last thing Rapp expected was to be in New York City to decide the fate of a man that could be his cover.… (more)

Five editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,291,226 books! | Top bar: Always visible