Temptation's Warrior by Gabi Anderson

Read for Fun!
Overall Rating: 4.75
Story Rating: 4.75
Character Rating: 4.75

First Thought when Finished: This is exactly how I like my historicals: Strong woman leads with stubborn hot alpha males!

What I Loved: Here is the deal! Temptation's Warrior pretty much rocked. There was a strong willed leading lady that manages to be both sharp tongued but super smart. I really appreciated the fact that Elf was written with common sense and gumption. She didn't run every time she had a chance because she recognized she couldn't get far. Also, her few "palm to forehead" moments were all based out of love for another person. Payne-what a yummy leading man. He was so knightly! I flashed to that moment in a Knight's Tale (the movie) where the king was telling Sir William why he was knightly and that is what describes Payne. He does what is right even when it might cost him his dreams. *SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON*! Oh plus, he totally rocks a joust! I may or may not have had soundtracks going in my head while reading. Elf and Payne were not instant love but they didn't take forever to come together either. It was a fantastic balance of give and take!

What I Liked: The side characters in Temptation's Warrior were fantastically written. Each added a little something to the story and they made me smile continually! Heck, even the bad guy was written with some panache and made me grin!

Final Thought: If you are a fan of Historical Romance I highly recommend this story! I am really hoping that there will be books for the brothers :) ( )
  thehistorychic | Apr 3, 2013 |
Read for Fun!
Overall Rating: 4.75
Story Rating: 4.75
Character Rating: 4.75

thehistorychic | Jun 19, 2012 |
Love it!!! ( )
  rp7279 | Mar 1, 2011 |

A masked knight, cloaked in black, rides the land helping those in need ... Payne Dunbyer, a mercenary knight, has one more errand to fullfill for the baron who's hired his services, and then he can collect his reward. Unfortunately this last task is the most distasteful one yet. He must abduct the baron's former betrothed and bring her to marry the man against the king's wishes. Still, the baron pays well, and how much trouble can one little woman be? She can be a great deal of trouble when Payne seizes the wrong one. Lady Elfreda has plans for her life, and being taken captive isn't part of her design. Elf finds herself forced to accompany Payne across England until he can set his wrong right. But what happens when desires change and suddenly the future she had planned isn't the one she's sure she wants? And what trouble can The Black Knight cause for Elf and Payne?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,228,781 books! | Top bar: Always visible