Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3 by Bill Jr. Martin

Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3 (2004)

by Bill Martin, Jr., Michael Sampson

Other authors: Lois Ehlert (Illustrator)

Series: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (2)

I loved this book. My students were excited to read this book because it is similar to chicka chicka boom boom, the alphabet book. They were counting as I read and then they got very loud for the chicka chicka boom boom part. I would use this book to show the students how you can have fun and learn. ( )
  umorgan | Dec 1, 2017 |
This book goes over the numbers in an upbeat, familiar rhyme. The big idea of this book would be the counting.

I had mixed feelings about this book. I liked this book because it covers the numbers in a fun, familiar, upbeat tone. My only complaint is that I mistook this book for Chicka, Chicka Boom, Boom when I picked it off the shelf. ( )
  tdavis34 | Oct 23, 2017 |
The kid loves it; her parents aren't fans. Several instances of dubious rhyme (e.g. "twenty" with "plenty") and, if it can be said to have a plot, there is a plot hole. (The numbers want to climb the apple tree, but are chased away by bees, until...the bees give up?) ( )
  JennyArch | Oct 11, 2017 |
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Mar 20, 2017 |
This story would be good to use in younger grade levels in an elementary school setting such as pre-schoolers and kindergarteners. With this story, you could teach your students the order of numbers and can advance into maybe a first or second grade level and begin teaching them to do basic math problems such as adding and subtracting the numbers.
  apecaro01 | Feb 22, 2017 |

Martin, Bill, Jr.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sampson, Michaelmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Ehlert, LoisIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Rick Selvaggi--B.M.
For Leslie Pinkham--M.S.
For Lizzie and Liza, Helen and Morris--L.E.
1 told 2 and 2 told 3, "I'll race you to the top of the apple tree."

1 told 2

and 2 told 3,

"I'll race you to the top

of the apple tree."

One hundred and one numbers climb the apple tree in this bright, rollicking, joyous book for young children. As the numerals pile up and bumblebees threaten, what's the number that saves the day? (Hint: It rhymes with "hero.") Read and count and play and laugh to learn the surprising answer.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:08 -0400)

Numbers from one to one hundred climb to the top of an apple tree in this rhyming chant.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,503,573 books! | Top bar: Always visible