I Spy a Pumpkin by Jean Marzollo

I Spy a Pumpkin

by Jean Marzollo

Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Mar 11, 2017 |
I would use this in elementary grades such as 1st. I would use this as an independent read for students. I would use this book in first grade because it will help students identify and practice sounding out words. In doing this, I would print off some of the illustrations in the text and have students ask and answer questions about the illustrations, such as what sound does it make or to practice spelling the words. This would be an interesting books for the students because they have to find certain objects on each page which requires close attention to detail. It also provides the words associated with pictures to label, and give a reference, as to what they should be looking for. I could use this to teach standard 7 which would have students use the text's illustrations describe the setting or events conveyed in the riddles. I would have students draw the illustration and come up with 2 words that simply describe the event taking place or what the setting is like. This would also help teach standard 10, which is to read poetry of appropriate complexity with prompting and support. I could teach this by having them point out how they know what ending sound each line will have based on the earlier portion of the page since they will rhyme with that earlier line. This book teaches students about how to make observations, which can benefit students later on in life. ( )
  kbellot | Jan 22, 2017 |
  BRCSBooks | May 1, 2013 |
This early reader book is loaded with picture cues as well as, of course, visual search. It also has a literary search on the last few pages. The photographs are very visually interesting. ( )
  t1bclasslibrary | Nov 10, 2006 |

Jean Marzolloprimary authorall editionscalculated
Wick, WalterPhotographersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The perfect Halloween treat--the ninth book in the bestselling I Spy Scholastic Reader series has easy words, rebus clues, and fun search-and-find photos!

All-new, easy-to-read riddles by Jean Marzollo are paired with fun, gently spooky photographs culled from previously published I Spy books to create the ninth I Spy reader. With rhythm, rhyme, and picture clues, this book is written to support the newest reader.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:42 -0400)

Simple words and short sentences for the newest readers.

Jean Marzollo is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,982,482 books! | Top bar: Always visible