Evidence: An Alex Delaware Novel by Jonathan…

Evidence: An Alex Delaware Novel (edition 2010)

by Jonathan Kellerman

Member:Nightwater
Title:Evidence: An Alex Delaware Novel
Authors:Jonathan Kellerman
Info:Ballantine Books (2010), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Rating:**1/2
Tags:Suspense, Series, Read-2012

Evidence by Jonathan Kellerman

English (27)  Dutch (1)  All languages (28)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Jonathan Kellerman writes unforgettable tales of crime and detection that expose the shadowy side of glittering Los Angeles. And in Evidence, readers are once again in the dexterous grip of a master storyteller and stylist equally skilled at teasing your brain and taking your breath away. In the half-built skeleton of a monstrously vulgar mansion in one of L.A. 's toniest neighborhoods, a watchman stumbles on the bodies of a young couple-murdered in flagrante and left in a gruesome postmortem embrace. Though he's cracked some of the city's worst slayings, veteran homicide cop Milo Sturgis is still shocked at the grisly sight: a twisted crime that only Milo 's killer instincts-and psychologist Alex Delaware's keen insights-can hope to solve. While the female victim's identity remains a question mark, her companion is ID'd as eco-friendly architect Desmond Backer, who disdains the sort of grandiose superstructure he's found dead in. And the late Mr. Backer, it's revealed was also notorious for his power to seduce women. The rare exception is his ex-boss, Helga Gemein, who's as indifferent to Desmond's death as she apparently was to his advances. Though Milo and Alex place her on their short list of suspects, the deeper they dig for clues the longer the list grows. An elusive prince who appears to harbor decidedly American appetites, an eccentric blueblood with an ax to grind, one of Desmond's restless ex-lovers and her cuckolded husband-all are in the homicidal mix spiced with eco-terrorism, arson, blackmail, conspiracy, and a vendetta that runs deep. But when the investigation veers suddenly in a startling direction, it's the investigators who may wind up on the wrong end of a cornered predator's final fury.
  Hans.Michel | Sep 13, 2013 |
Umm...not impressed. Plodding. But, on the good side, no "roll-eye" sex stuck in just for the sake of having it in there. It is a book you could safely let your grandmother read, though I don't suggest it unless she's in a vegetative state. While the book did pick up after awhile, this "who-dun-it" certainly wasn't a riveting read. On the contrary, it was pretty blah. ( )
  DLKeur | Jul 9, 2013 |
Someone left this on my deck so I thought I'd read it. I think I read a book from this series years ago... like that one, this book is not very memorable (I think I've already forgotten the story), but it was entertaining enough while I was reading it.

There were a few too many "threads" in it, and I'm still not very clear on how the whole international component of the story prompted the events to occur like they did... it's like Kellerman brought two completely independent threads together in order to make the story more complex than it really should have been.

I'd read more of Kellerman's stuff, if I found it on my deck some day. ( )
  crazybatcow | Aug 5, 2012 |
Going through a "catch up with series" phase, I thought I hadn't read this one, but part way through, realised that I had (but couldn't remember whodunnit), so I took to the end.

Another multi threaded Alex Delaware book, this time involving a high murder count, eco-terrorism, multi agency work - including an appearance by FBI.

There are few appearances from Robin (for once they're not falling out, or getting back together, or she has a weird commission). More appearances from Blanche the dog however.

This is one of the harder books to review - it's not bad, but it's not brilliant either. This is probably why I cant remember reading it.
  nordie | Jul 20, 2012 |
Audiobook.......I normally am a fan of the Alex Delaware series, but this one was difficult to stick with. And frankly, this was more of a Milo Sturgis story than an Alex Delaware story. ( )
  hemlokgang | Apr 9, 2012 |
To Faye,
This was a zero job, but Doyle was getting paid.

In een half afgebouwde villa in een rijke buurt van Los Angeles stuit een bewaker op de lichamen van een jong stel. Ze liggen verstrengeld in een levenloze omhelzing. Rechercheur Moordzaken Milo Sturgis " door de wol geverfd " is toch geschokt bij de aanblik van de twee doden. Hij ziet het werk van een verknipte moordenaar. Met de hulp van psycholoog Alex Delaware gaat Milo vastberaden achter iedere aanwijzing aan, maar plotseling gaat het onderzoek een heel andere richting uit Schrijver en kinderpsycholoog Jonathan Kellerman behoort tot de top van het misdaadgenre. Zijn thrillers, met hoofdpersoon psycholoog Alex Delaware, worden wereldwijd uitgegeven. SLUITEND BEWIJS is zijn eenendertigste thriller in het Nederlands..

Veteran homicide cop Milo Sturgis and psychologist Alex Delaware expose the shadowy side of glittering Los Angeles as they investigate the gruesome death of a young couple-murdered in flagrante--the man identified as a notorious womanizer and eco-friendly architect, the woman unidentified--in this unforgettable tale spiced with eco-terrorism, arson, blackmail, conspiracy, and a vendetta that runs deep.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,351,937 books! | Top bar: Always visible