Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas…

Three Weeks with My Brother (edition 2006)

by Nicholas Sparks, Micah Sparks

Info:Grand Central Publishing (2006), Edition: 1ST, Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***

Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks

From NC myself, love all Sparks books...during their trip they discovered startling truths about loss, love and hope. Narrated with irrepressible humor and rare candor, and including personal photographs, Three Weeks with my Brother reminds us to embrace life with all its uncertainties. . . and most of all, to cherish the joyful times, both small and momentous, and the wonderful people who make them possible.
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
Wonderful read! ( )
  ava-st-claire | Feb 21, 2014 |
When I first tried to read this book, I could not get into it. However, when I tried again when I had more time and was able to focus on the meaning and significance of the story, I found that I actually enjoyed it.
I laughed and cried through his childhood memories, and appreciated the descriptions of the places he visited with his brother. Nicholas Sparks' memoir is a true story of how faith and family love can conquer anything.
Even those who are not a fan of the Sparks books should read this story. It is truly inspiring. ( )
  Shelby_Kuzma | Jun 8, 2013 |
It was a fairly interesting biography. I took it at face value until he got to the part about his son having learning disabilities. I am in the field and I know that the US has an amazing early intervention program and there are many very good therapist who help children with disabilities. It didn't make sense why no one helped his child. Why he, as a father, had to reinvent the wheel to teach his child. Once I realized there was something that didn't sound right in that part of the book, it made me wonder about the other parts of the book and whether he was giving us a very distorted view of his life. ( )
  KamGeb | Dec 18, 2012 |
This was an interesting memoir, for me more so about his personal family situation than for the trip he took -- which was a bit of a surprise because I'd picked it up only because I was intrigued by the trip. I appreciated all the historical information imparted about the places they visited (some of which I already knew). The writing was good, but Messrs. Sparks (and their Editor) REALLY need to learn the correct usage of the words "bring" and "take" (grrr, a personal pet peeve). ( )
  whymaggiemay | Oct 1, 2012 |

Nicholas Sparksprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sparks, Micahmain authorall editionsconfirmed
A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need. --Proverbs 17:17
For our family, with love

As moving as his bestselling works of fiction, Nicholas Sparks's unique memoir, written with his brother, chronicles the life-affirming journey of two brothers bound by memories, both humorous and tragicIn January 2003, Nicholas Sparks and his brother, Micah, set off on a three-week trip around the globe. It was to mark a milestone in their lives, for at thirty-seven and thirty-eight respectively, they were now the only surviving members of their family. Against the backdrop of the wonders of the world and often overtaken by their feelings, daredevil Micah and the more serious, introspective Nicholas recalled their rambunctious childhood adventures and the tragedies that tested their faith. And in the process, they discovered startling truths about loss, love, and hope.Narrated with irrepressible humor and rare candor, and including personal photos, THREE WEEKS WITH MY BROTHER reminds us to embrace life with all its uncertainties...and most of all, to cherish the joyful times, both small and momentous, and the wonderful people who make them possible.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:30 -0400)

In January 2003, Nicholas Sparks and his brother Micah set off on a three-week-trip around the world. It was to mark a milestone in their lives, for at 37 and 38 respectively, they were now the only surviving members of their family. As they travel the globe, the intimate story of their family unfolds in the details of the untimely deaths of their parents and only sister. Against the backdrop of the wonders of the world, the Sparks brothers band together to heal, to remember, and to learn to live life to the fullest.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,443,578 books! | Top bar: Always visible