Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas…

Three Weeks with My Brother (edition 2006)

by Nicholas Sparks, Micah Sparks

Info:Grand Central Publishing (2006), Edition: 1ST, Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***

Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks

English (37)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All (39)
When the Sparks brothers went on a round the world trip they also shared memories of growing up making this a combination of travelogue and biography. They didn't learn anything new about each other, just reminisced about their family. Long segments described the recent death of their sister, leaving the brothers the only remaining members of the family, and of the health conditions of other members of their families. Nicholas became occasionally preachy. There was so little about their travels that they might have written it without leaving home. Striking a "poor-me" tone, this did not turn out to be what I expected. ( )
  VivienneR | Feb 22, 2017 |
Yep, I read it for book club. I have liked reading some of Sparks's fiction, but the little bit of sex in every novel kind of bugs me. The good news is that he didn't put any of that in this memoir. It was a good read - an interesting story. ( )
  CarolJMO | Dec 12, 2016 |
Not your typical Nicholas Sparks love story. It more a travel/biography book but it was still very enjoyable. ( )
  add_dragon | Mar 26, 2016 |
The story of their lives growing up woven into the story of their trip together. Good for any Nicholas Sparks fan. ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
Awesome! I'd like to travel around the world with MY brother. They learned about themselves and each other. ( )
  Don_Mega | Dec 18, 2015 |

Nicholas Sparksprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sparks, Micahmain authorall editionsconfirmed
A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need. --Proverbs 17:17
For our family, with love

As moving as his bestselling works of fiction, Nicholas Sparks's unique memoir, written with his brother, chronicles the life-affirming journey of two brothers bound by memories, both humorous and tragicIn January 2003, Nicholas Sparks and his brother, Micah, set off on a three-week trip around the globe. It was to mark a milestone in their lives, for at thirty-seven and thirty-eight respectively, they were now the only surviving members of their family. Against the backdrop of the wonders of the world and often overtaken by their feelings, daredevil Micah and the more serious, introspective Nicholas recalled their rambunctious childhood adventures and the tragedies that tested their faith. And in the process, they discovered startling truths about loss, love, and hope.Narrated with irrepressible humor and rare candor, and including personal photos, THREE WEEKS WITH MY BROTHER reminds us to embrace life with all its uncertainties...and most of all, to cherish the joyful times, both small and momentous, and the wonderful people who make them possible.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:13 -0400)

In January 2003, Nicholas Sparks and his brother Micah set off on a three-week-trip around the world. It was to mark a milestone in their lives, for at 37 and 38 respectively, they were now the only surviving members of their family. As they travel the globe, the intimate story of their family unfolds in the details of the untimely deaths of their parents and only sister. Against the backdrop of the wonders of the world, the Sparks brothers band together to heal, to remember, and to learn to live life to the fullest.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,411,109 books! | Top bar: Always visible