Ballad : a gathering of faerie by Maggie…

Ballad : a gathering of faerie (edition 2009)

by Maggie Stiefvater

Member:bluesalamanders
Title:Ballad : a gathering of faerie
Authors:Maggie Stiefvater
Info:Woodbury, Minn. : Flux, 2009.
Collections:Your library, Reviewed
Tags:genre: fantasy, type: trade paperback, read 2010, strong women, age: young adult

Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie by Maggie Stiefvater

James and Dee go to boarding school for gifted musicians. There he is haunted by a female fairly that offers music for years of his life. He has to struggle with his lust for the fairy and the gift she offers. Dee and him are distant from each other their friendship is struggling. Fairy's are still drawn to Dee and this cause's many problems for the unusual staff at the school. There is some history here, that slowly leaks out. This was an interesting book although it was not nearly as good as the first one. It was mesmerizing. I'll read the next one. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
This is the follow up to Lament: The Faerie Queens Deception. James, Dee's best friend from the previous book, meets Nuala, a fairy who usually survives by feeding off of artistic types in exchange for making them better at what they are. James knows better then to strike a deal with Nuala, but that doesn't stop him from falling in love with her. Throughout the book Dee's unsent text messages are interspersed between chapters told by James and Nuala. These texts drove me nuts, while James and Nuala's story was great, I wanted to know what was happening to Dee as well. I hope at some point Stiefvater plans on telling Dee's story in another book. The book was well written and I love the characters, I just wish I knew what was happening in the rest of the story. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
To my mom, who showed me faeries in the woods.
I was used to being the hunter.

In this sequel to Lament, faeries follow James and Dee to Thornking-Ash, where James struggles with his feelings for Dee and for the dangerous faerie muse, Nuala. When Halloween plunges both Dee and Nuala into danger, James finds he can only save o

When music prodigy James Morgan and his best friend, Deirdre, join a private conservatory for musicians, his talent attracts Nuala, a faerie muse who fosters and feeds on creative energies, but soon he finds himself battling the Queen of the Fey for the very lives of Deirdre and Nuala.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,113,176 books! | Top bar: Always visible