The Cinderella Pact by Sarah Strohmeyer

The Cinderella Pact

by Sarah Strohmeyer

Cute book, but the movie was better. ( )
  ElleyOtter | Nov 28, 2017 |
I thought this was a cute book and it was a quick read. It had a very typical chick lit plot but there was humor and the main character was very easy to identify with. Forgettable but fun. ( )
  Caitlin70433 | Jun 6, 2016 |
A Hallmark movie in a paperback............................ ( )
  dddale | Oct 31, 2014 |
Finished it last night. Had my first IBS attack in a month but a very bad one. hardly slept so I just read and read. Glad I had this book with me. I liked it. I liked the main character and just enjoyed the book. ( )
  Marlene-NL | Apr 12, 2013 |
Fun fast read.....should be an MOW.....any woman who has dieted will enjoy it.... ( )
  szferris | Oct 14, 2012 |
For Lisa, of course.
We are all Cinderellas, no matter what our size.

Soon to be a Lifetime movie called "Lying to be Perfect"

When Nola Devlin is turned down for her dream job because she's overweight, she decides to become thin-or, at least, pretend to be. The alter ego she creates-the thin, British, hip, and did we mention thin Belinda Apple-is a smashing success who is offered movie proposals, national television appearances and even dates...though no one's met her in person, of course.

Then Nola takes Belinda a bit too far, and is forced to join "The Cinderella Pact" and drop the pounds. As the weight comes off, however, Nola's problems begin to mount.

Watch a Video

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:23 -0400)

When magazine editor Nola Devlin is turned down for her dream job as an advice columnist because she's overweight, she decides to become thin, or, at least pretend to be. Belinda Apple, the alter ego she creates is a smashing success who is offered movie proposals, national television appearances, and even dates. Of course, no one's actually met her in person. Unfortunately, Nola takes Belinda a bit too far, jotting off a column about how easy it is to lose weight; a column her friends take seriously. Trapped by her own words, Nola is forced to join the "Cinderella Pact" and drop the pounds. As the weight comes off, however, Nola's problems begin to mount. Her magazine launches an investigation into Belinda Apple's true identity, her friends race ahead of her in the weight-loss game, and her younger sister chooses Belinda as her maid of honor. Plus, there's this mysterious hunk who might be Nola's prince or a rat in coachman's clothing.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,699,629 books! | Top bar: Always visible