Dead Gorgeous by Malorie Blackman

Dead Gorgeous

by Malorie Blackman

This was a quick easy read, and I quite enjoyed it, but still felt it didn't live up to Blackman's hype. I really must read Noughts & Crosses.
Dead Gorgeous did keep me engaged, and kept me guessing on several scores. At one point I was almost convinced that ALL the guests were ghosts! I had my doubts about Miss Dawn and Miss Eve even at the end.
Curiously enough, I couldn't find the edition I read listed. The ISBN matches the cover above, but the cover of the one I read was very different. In my opinion, it was better. The dark and brooding hotel in the background and a girl in the foreground. ( )
  Helen_Earl | Aug 6, 2015 |

Moving to the country because her parents want to run a dilapidated old hotel is not 11-year-old Nova's idea of fun. Her olders sister hasn't got time for her and her younger twin brothers just wind her up. The hotel guests are a peculiar bunch and life is tough for the whole family. But meeting the hotel's resident ghost makes it a bit more bearable for Nova - especially as he's a gorgeous teenage boy, with problems of his own to sort out! An entertaining and moving story from a best-selling author.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:40 -0400)

Nova is fed up. Her parents are obsessed by running their hotel and her older sister doesn't want to spend time with her any more. Liam is dead georgous. Trouble is, he's also dead, and permanently stuck at the hotel as a ghost. Liam can see how hard Nova is struggling. But what a shame Nova's the only one who can see him at all! Suggested level: intermediate, junior secondary.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,919,643 books! | Top bar: Always visible