Cowboys Don't Cry by Anne McAllister

I liked this story about a ranch foreman teaching a city girl how to run a ranch.

Tanner had been the foreman of Three Bar C for a few years when the owner passed away leaving the ranch to Maggie MacLeod. Maggie moved to the ranch from the city, knowing nothing about ranching but was determined to learn. She had been told that Tanner was going to be there to teach her. How hard could it be?

I liked the way this pair fell for each other but fought their feelings. Tanner didn't do relationships. He had been married once and never again. Maggie was his boss so she knew she shouldn't get involved with him. The reaction of these characters to each other pulled me into the story. I loved Maggie's determination and spunk to learn everything she could about ranching. But she was almost too good to be true. Tanner was a mess. He didn't talk much making it hard to know or like him.

I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who likes sweet western romances. ( )
  JoAB | Feb 9, 2017 |
Tanner has been alone a long time and he likes it that way. When the elderly lady that owns the ranch he work on dies, he finds himself working for a lovely woman who knows nothing about ranching. They have a lot to learn about each other and maybe Tanner can learn that having someone is better than being alone. ( )
  LindaHenderson | Sep 12, 2016 |
"Cowboys Don't Cry" by Anne McAllister is book one in the "Tanner Brothers" series. This is cowboy Robert Tanner and school teacher Maggie MacLeod's story.

Robert doesn't do relationships or anything permanent. He is the foreman at the Three Bar C ranch. He promised the previous owner before she died that he would stay to help the new owner get acquainted with the ranch. Boy is Robert aka "Tanner" is surprised when he learns that city girl Maggie MacLeod had inherited the ranch and that she plans to run the ranch.

It was great watching Robert and Maggie's relationship grow. The chemistry was great between them. I loved the characters, but at times I wanted to smack some sense into Robert.

I really enjoyed this book and love Anne's style of writing. So kick back and escape into Robert and Maggie's life at Three Bar C ranch.

I received a copy of this book from Tule Publishing for an honest review. ( )
  booksnuggle | Apr 9, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,935,653 books! | Top bar: Always visible