Archaeologists Dig for Clues…

Archaeologists Dig for Clues (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science)

by Kate Duke

Every time I find a book in this series I buy it because 9 times out of 10 it's going to be a hit. This one did not disappoint. It even inspired a short desire to be an archeologist. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Summary
Sophie is an archaeologist and she takes a few kids on a dig. She teaches the kids what archaeologists actually are and what they do. The kids are skeptical at first but learn a lot and end up loving it! They even find a grave with the skeleton of a dog in it! If you want to be an archaeologist this book is definitely for you!

Personal Reaction
I really enjoyed this book. My daughter wants to be an archaeologist so that is why I chose it. It is very informative and we both learned a lot from reading it!

Classroom Extension
This book has so many possibilities. I can see using it in science class, and even history. I also think it would be great fun to have our own "dig". We could hide bones in a sandbox and then pretend we are archaeologists and dig them up! This book is also perfect for any student who may have an interest in archaeology or science!
  KristenCollins | Nov 2, 2012 |
This is a good introduction to archaeology for young readers. ( )
  smbmom | Sep 18, 2007 |
#78, 2006

My son and I read this at the library today, since we’ve just began a new history book, and it started out with a discussion of archaeology. This book gave a lovely introduction to what archaeologists do, and what happens on a dig site (and afterwards, back in the lab). It was a great introduction to the subject for someone my son’s age (seven) ( )
  herebedragons | Jan 15, 2007 |

Sonlight Core B

Archaeologists on a dig work very much like detectives at a crime scene. Every chipped rock, charred seed, or fossilized bone could be a clue to how people lived in the past. In this information-packed Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science book, Kate Duke explains what scientists are looking for, how they find it, and what their finds reveal.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:59 -0400)

Visit an archaelogical dig and find out how scientists really look for clues to the past.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,014,766 books! | Top bar: Always visible