Swan in Love by Eve Bunting

Swan in Love

by Eve Bunting

Other authors: Jo Ellen McAllister Stammen (Illustrator)

Summary:
Genre:
Illustrations:
Age Group: 4-7
Themes:
My impressions:
Lesson Plan: ( )
  a.coote | Jun 5, 2015 |
Swan in Love is about an everlasting love, about never giving up on love no matter what anyone else thinks.This swan was in love with a boat shaped like a swan named Dora. The swan loved her even if everyone thought he was crazy. Swan would stay with Dora through everything even in the coldest winters, he never left the boats side. As time passed the boat and the swan got older and the boat was going to get destroyed because it was to old. This made the swan feel very sad and he laid next to her.The swan had gone to another place which felt like a dream flowing somewhere else with Dora. Love let them be together at the end, maybe not in this life but in the next. This story will make you feel the love of the swan for the boat. I loved this book it shows you the true meaning of love. ( )
  lruano | Aug 25, 2014 |
I thought this was a cute little book about a swan in love with a boat that looks like a swan. Not one of my favorites but children may enjoy it. ( )
  tarannum93 | Dec 12, 2013 |
This book is about a male swan who falls in love with Dora, a boat in the shape of a swan. His love for Dora is quite interesting and he does anything to be with her. This book teaches a good lesson on how love is blind. I think it is a really cute book, and would read it to my students. ( )
  TBegum1 | Nov 27, 2013 |
This book was definitely not one of my favorites. It talks about a swan who loves a swan boat even though it is different from her (it wasn't real). All the other animals of the river make fun of her for that. This is a good book because it deals with acceptance, but I do not think students would enjoy it very much because it is very sad at the end. It is also a good book for the topic of love. ( )
  kmsmith13 | Oct 24, 2009 |

Eve Buntingprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stammen, Jo Ellen McAllisterIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0689820801, Hardcover)

Dora was a boat shaped like a swan.

Swan loved her.

"Doesn't he know she's different?" the other swans on the lake mutter to each other. Swan knows, but he knows that differences mean nothing to love. The frogs croak their disapproval and the fishes whisper it from below. Swan listens politely, but he knows love is never wrong. Even as the winters get longer and Dora's once sparkling paint begins to crack and peel, faithful Swan stays with her, certain that they must always be together.

Eve Bunting's deeply resonant text and Jo Ellen McAllister Stammen's resplendent illustrations combine with shimmering grace to tell a story of the transforming power of love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:59 -0400)

Despite the ridicule of the other animals, Swan persists in his adoration for a swan-shaped boat named Dora.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,137,615 books! | Top bar: Always visible