Surf's Up, Geronimo! by Geronimo Stilton

Surf's Up, Geronimo! (2000)

by Geronimo Stilton

English (4)  Spanish (1)  All (5)
Although I normally LOVE Geronimo Stilton books for their cultural, physical information and the entertaining way in which the books are written, I felt this one was not as good.

Premise: Geronimo feels it is time for a vacation and his cousin agrees. Cousin Trap leads Geronimo to a shady-looking travel agency and then teams up to bully Geronimo into buying an over-priced vacation that turns into a horrendous affair. The plane is dirty, the food inedible, the hotel roach infested, the beach over-crowded, the ocean laden with sharks. The vacation is horrible!

My issue with this book is how much bullying takes place and how easily Geronimo allows it to happen. His cousin, the travel agent, the staff at the airline, the hotel, and even his sister, Thea, bullies Geronimo. The books provide great vocabulary and usually information on the location or adventure in the book. This particular one fell short for me. ( )
  weisser4 | Jun 3, 2014 |
2011-10-04
  Petit-Enghien | Oct 6, 2011 |
You have to be under 8 to truely appreciate Geronimo Stilton. ( )
  GaylDasherSmith | Jan 11, 2011 |
Geronimos summer vacation
  alexlea | Jul 13, 2009 |

Enter the world of Geronimo Stilton, where another funny adventure is always right around the corner. Each book is a fast-paced adventure with lively art and a unique format kids 7-10 will love.

Ah, there's nothing like a relaxing vacation on the beach! I would spread out by the crystal-clear water with a good book. What more could a mouse want?

At least, that was the plan. But somehow, my vacations never seem to go according to plan. Instead of a beautiful seaside resort, I found myself in a fleabag hotel that was falling down around my ears! Oh, would I ever be able to relax and enjoy my vacation??

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:03 -0400)

Geronimo tries to enjoy his seaside vacation even though his hotel is dilapidated.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,725,900 books! | Top bar: Always visible