Valentine's Day Disaster by Geronimo Stilton

Geronimo Stilton invites more than 100 of his friends and family to a Valentine's Day party; he is sad to find that his mailbox is empty on February 14th and none of his friends will be coming. Geronimo goes through a series of unfortunate events, leading to a Valentine's Day disaster. I liked this book for two reasons. First, the book provides textual features that enhance the story. For example, various words are in different fonts throughout the book; every time Geronimo's name is mentioned, it is written in cursive. Second, the book is written in first person. This allows the reader to get a better understanding of what Geronimo is truly feeling. For example, "It was seven o'clock, party time. But no one knocked on my door. Tears filled my eyes. I was all alone. Oh, what a rotten, awful day!" The inner dialogue at the end of this excerpt reveals information that would not be stated if the book was from a different point of view. The overall message is that you should be kind to others, even if they are not kind to you. ( )
  hollyjones | Dec 11, 2016 |
i like ttis book becuse its fun to read and it almost have 7 point of vieu and i like how it is kind of funny and my favoirt carecturs is geroimo stilton and cheesy lou its really fun to read ( )
  kitty80 | Nov 27, 2013 |
  BRCSBooks | Sep 23, 2013 |
this book is very funny and cool i like it very much.i read it very night before i go to sleep ( )
  emelync | Feb 4, 2013 |
Summary:
This book is about Valentine's Day in New Mouse City and Geronimo is in for a bad Valentine's Day until Cheesy Lou saves the day.

My Thoughts:
I like the book. I also like Valentine's Day just like Geronimo! I just hope my Valentine's Day will not be like Geronimo Stilton's! ( )
  BellaTheBookGirl | Jul 28, 2011 |

Enter the world of Geronimo Stilton, where another funny adventure is always right around the corner. Each book is a fast-paced adventure with lively art and a unique format kids 7-10 will love.

It was Valentine's Day in New Mouse City, and I couldn't wait to celebrate! I had sent valentine cards to all my friends and family members.

But when I opened my mailbox on the morning of February 14th, it was empty! Had everyone forgotten about me? Was I destined to spend Valentine's Day alone in my mousehole, sobbing, with only my pet fish to console me? It was starting to look like a true Valentine's Day disaster!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:36 -0400)

Geronimo sends valentines to all his friends but seems destined to spend the day alone.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,447,343 books! | Top bar: Always visible