Cat and Mouse in a Haunted House by Geronimo…

Cat and Mouse in a Haunted House

by Geronimo Stilton

English (9)  Spanish (1)  All (10)
W requested we continue after finishing Emerald Eye, though he seemed only moderately interested in that one. He did like this one, relaying the "mystery" over the phone and quite getting all the angles / reasons.

It was more satisfying to me than Emerald Eye, but frankly I continue only because he's interested. ( )
  elenchus | Sep 5, 2016 |
ABOUT: Geronimo gets lost and ends up in a creepy house....and to make matters worse it's on Halloween. But this isn't just any creepy house, the worse part is that it's haunted. And worse yet.....it's haunted by a cat!
REVIEW: "Cat and Mouse in a Haunted House" is a fast, and cute read. It's a mystery from the beginning ( I mean not your deep mystery that leaves you guessing every second, but a good mystery all the same) And I have to say I love the ending.
The Bad: I'm not sure if I should give this book 3 1/2 stars or just 3. It was cute story and all, but it wasn't the best I read. Like the other Geronimo Stilton books, it's definitely written for a younger audience. But it's a short fun read, and the ending was awesome. So that's why I decided to give it 31/2. The only very annoying thing about this story was at the beginning when they were describing the castle. They kept saying that it had blood red this, and blood red that. I know it's a creepy sounding color, but really..... don't over use it! Also... just wondering, but if it's Halloween why is Benjamin there? I mean isn't he going to go out trick or treating? I know not everyone celebrates Halloween, but this is one question I kept asking myself throughout the book?
So will Geronimo get turned into cat soup? Are these monsters even real? Will the mystery ( if there is one) be solved? Read "Cat and Mouse in a Haunted House" to find out. ( )
  adventures2 | Jun 26, 2014 |
Great book,
in the story Geronimo gets lost on his way to his grandma's house and finds himself in an old castle.
He thinks there's no one in it but there's two mice all alone inside the castle walls.
These mice play tricks on Geronimo I think it's one of the best books yet. ( )
  krbridger | Apr 27, 2013 |
This is only the third Geronimo book, but it's one of the best ones so far. Geronimo gets lost on his way to his aunt's house. So, he stops at a castle that used to belong to cats. Strange things happen while he's there. A ghost, a witch, a mummy and bones of mice and rats. The only person who believes him is his nephew. In the end, they realize it's all just a prank by the two young cats that live there. They try to keep unwanted visitors away. Geronimo talks them into opening the castle as a haunted house. They love the idea and over time, it helps them do repairs on the castle. ( )
  ToxicMasquerade | Jan 10, 2013 |
this book can give you a little scare
  graceannann | Nov 7, 2012 |

Enter the world of Geronimo Stilton, where another funny adventure is always right around the corner. Each book is a fast-paced adventure with lively art and a unique format kids 7-10 will love.

Who Is Geronimo Stilton?
That's me! I run a newspaper, but my true passion is writing tales of adventure. Here on Mouse Island, my books are all best-sellers! What's that? You've never read one? Well, my books are full of fun. They are whisker-licking good stories, and that's a promise!

The Case of Curlypaw Cannycat's Castle
I was lost in a dark, spooky forest! Until I stumbled upon Curlypaw Cannycat's Castle. The castle was completely empty, or so I thought. But I quickly discovered that it was haunted - by cats! Let me tell you, this was one case where curiosity almost killed the mouse!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:04 -0400)

When Geronimo finds himself lost in a dark, spooky forest he seeks shelter in a crumbling old mansion, that is haunted by cats. Suggested level: primary.Geronimo explores a haunted mansion populated by ghosts.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,432,245 books! | Top bar: Always visible