And Then Came You by Maureen Child

And Then Came You

by Maureen Child

First in the Marconi sisters series. Sam married at 18yo, then when her husband walked away, leaving her pregnant, she did the childish thing. He sent her divorce papers, and she didn't tell him, but gave up the child. It wasn't him - it was his late mother's meddling, and she saw that Jeff adopted Emma. Now 9 years later, Emma in tow, he's back with the divorce papers that never got finalized, and a fiancé. Sam wants time with Emma settled before she'll sign - and she never stopped loving Jeff. And enough sparks fly for him to break his engagement and pursue Sam. ( )
  nancynova | May 19, 2014 |
I’m not sure if it’s because I’ve been in a reading slump, but I had a hard time focusing on this book. There were some tender moments, there were moments that made me cry and there were some funny moments. I enjoyed Emma (the daughter) she was cute and never stopped talking! I didn’t quite understand Sam and Jeff’s relationship or why they broke up in the first place. My understanding was that they had a passionate love affair and they fought all the time. One day he left and never came back. But I never really understood why. I’d say this was Okay ~ not something I’d read again, but since it’s part of a series I’m not sure if I’ll get rid of it yet or not. ( )
  dmwmtgal | Feb 9, 2012 |
I LOVED THIS BOOK! I'd been holding out reading the Marconi Sisters trilogy until all three books were released--now that they are, I picked up AND THEN CAME YOU yesterday and finished it today.

Samantha "Sam" Marconi is the middle child, the sensible one, the "good one." Not as take-charge as her older sister Jo, or as quick-tempered as her younger sister Mike, Sam is the one to stay in line. That was always true, until she married her first love, Jeff Hendricks, at the age of eighteen. That was nine years ago, but Sam hasn't forgotten a thing--falling in love, watching her young husband leave, getting pregnant, giving up the baby for adoption, coming home to face her divorce alone.

But then Jeff shows up, with a few surprises. They're not divorced. The daughter Sam gave up was raised by him. His mother plotted not only their divorce and the fact that Emma, their child, grew up with only one parent, but the truth that Sam has no idea that Jeff never wanted divorced all those years ago--that he does, in fact, think Sam divorced him.

AND THEN CAME YOU is a wonderful contemporary romance. Two great main characters who never truly got over their first loves, a daughter who wants only to see those around her happy, and a supporting cast that will totally delight you.

Mike's and Jo's stories will be next for me--the only thing I worry about is how I'll feel once this trilogy is over! ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 13, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312997523, Mass Market Paperback)

Nine years ago, Samantha Marconi was swept away in a whirlwind wedding...even though she'd only known her new husband for a month. When Jeff left her just weeks after the wedding-she found out she was pregnant and had nowhere to turn. So Sam did the only thing she thought she could do. She placed her daughter up for adoption and tried to forget the past-until her past came knocking on her door...

Jeff never received Sam's letters, nor did he know she had their child-until after the little girl was put up for adoption. Jeff managed to find their daughter, Emma, and lovingly raised her on his own. He's about to remarry-but his divorce from Sam never went through. Jeff needs Sam's help to get "unmarried," and quick. Yet when Jeff shows up on Sam's doorstep, he's shocked to find the sparks that once flew between them are still burning strong. Can he let Sam go again? Especially when the truth about what really happened nine years ago is finally revealed...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:28 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,075,769 books! | Top bar: Always visible