Blueberry Shoe by Ann Dixon

Blueberry Shoe

by Ann Dixon, Evon Zerbetz (Illustrator)

*reviewed by my 5-year-old son*

I want a blueberry shoe!

(BLUEBERRY SHOE by Ann Dixon with vibrant illustrations by Evon Zerbetz is a children's picture book set in Alaska. Appropriate for ages 1-9)

I found this book at the bookstore when my mom was meeting with readers. I like the colors on the cover.

A baby loses his shoe when he was picking blueberries with his momma and dadda. They leave the baby's shoe on the mountain and go home without it! A lot of animals try to eat the shoe. It's funny. But each animal loses the shoe. When the snow melts and momma and dadda come pick blueberries again, the baby finds his shoe, with a blueberry plant growing inside!

I didn't understand a lot of the words, so I asked my mom to make up a different story to go with the pictures. I was really worried about the shoe and was sad the momma and dadda left it on the mountain all winter. I was happy they found it and brought it home.

My favorite part of this book is the pictures and knowing the shoe is now okay.

I love the pictures but when I had to pick a book to give to my best friend for his birthday, I chose a different book with llamas. I want to read this book again and again, but it's not my favorite picture book. I give this book 4 stars. ( )
  cmmccoy | Mar 13, 2017 |
Fiction: Picturebook
Dixon, Ann Blueberry Shoe. Illust. by Zerbetz, Evon. Alaska Northwest Books, 1999. Unp. Primary
When Baby loses a shoe on a family blueberry picking trip, it becomes an object of curiosity for the animals on Ptarmigan Mountain. The next year it is rediscovered by the family-with a surprise inside! Charming tale has a narrative view and a descriptive style of writing. Theme is things work out over time. Bold, bright illustrations are reproduced from linocuts. Page backgrounds are leaf impressions.
AK: Blueberry picking, brown bear, fox
Activity: Ask children if they like to pick berries. What kinds have they picked? What did they make with them? ( )
  LoriOrtega | Jun 8, 2015 |

Dixon, AnnAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Zerbetz, EvonIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Ann Dixon's delightful story, illustrated with enchanting, colorful linocuts by Evon Zerbetz, presents a playful look at the secret world of woodland creatures.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:57 -0400)

When Baby loses a shoe on a blueberry-picking trip, it becomes an object of curiosity for all the animals on Ptarmigan Mountain before being rediscovered by the family with a surprise inside.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,407,167 books! | Top bar: Always visible