A Visit to Australia by Mary Packard

A Visit to Australia

by Mary Packard

552214,390NoneNone
Recently added byRonald145, CornerstoneGDL, TUCC
2000s (1) 61 (1) 2003 (1) 2006 (1) 2007 (3) atlas (5) Australia (12) Australian (1) book (1) children (2) countries (2) educational (1) fiction (2) geography (6) his (1) keep (1) Lime (1) middle school (1) non-fiction (3) other cultures (1) picture (1) picture book (4) read (1) read aloud (1) SC (1) social studies (1) stories (1) travel (1) traveling (1) z (1)

a great exploration of Australia and the different cultures, foods, experiences
1 book
  TUCC | Jul 28, 2017 |
#38, 2007

This is a cute book for children, although the title, at first, made no sense to me. The people in the story all live in Australia, so none of them are making a "visit." I guess the title refers to the series, though - giving the children who read the books an opportunity to "visit" a foreign country. Still, I'd have preferred a title that made more sense.

It's a cute book, though, about an Australian boy who finds an orphaned baby wombat while out camping, and how he brings it home with him (in the hands of his mother, who is a zookeeper, this isn't a bad idea, as it might sound). My son read this aloud to me, and we both enjoyed it, especially since we've visited some of the places mentioned in the story.
  herebedragons | Feb 2, 2007 |

"Golden look-look book." Describes living in Australia and the wildlife found there.

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,705,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible