Skulduggery Pleasant: The Faceless Ones by…

Skulduggery Pleasant: The Faceless Ones (edition 2010)

by Derek Landy

Member:Beorn_se_Bacaire
Title:Skulduggery Pleasant: The Faceless Ones
Authors:Derek Landy
Info:HarperCollins (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 432 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Fantasy, Contemporary Fantasy, Young Adult, Comic Fantasy, Shelf 12B

Skulduggery Pleasant: The Faceless Ones by Derek Landy

English (21)  German (2)  All languages (23)

OMFG!

The action was non-stop in this installment of the series. I was amused by Valkyrie's reaction to her reflection receiving her first kiss. It seemed like it was well deserved on her part, because of her hooky playing habits; good intentions or not. The ending well the book had an unfortunate time flying across my bedroom. Off to the next, and wanting a decent resolution to this end.
Cheers Pretties! ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
Great series - wish our library owned more of them ( )
  SpockMonkeys | Feb 17, 2014 |
I can see, in an objective sort of a way, that this is a decent enough series. But even now, three books in, I haven't managed to really connect with any of the characters. I don't feel much of an investment in their successes or failures and, really, don't feel like I know them very well at all.

The most interesting thing about this particular installment to me was the thread throughout it that it is not okay for a fourteen-year-old girl to be living her life like this. Not that Valkyrie is a convincing teenager, but it's interesting to have that aspect of her chosen life laid out so explicitly. Because it is quite, quite ridiculous and foolhardy and I'm interested to see where they go with that, at least. ( )
  rrainer | Apr 30, 2013 |
Derek Landy has definitely done it this time. With Faceless One, he was able to captivate the audience with what Valkyrie had felt throughtout the story.
  klee98 | Apr 26, 2013 |
I felt kinda lost in this story, I didn't connect enough with the characters and it just left me feeling a bit meh.

Skulduggery and Valkyrie investigate the deaths of teleporters and find that they're getting fewer and fewer. It would appear that someone plans to bring the faceless ones back and the powers that be don't believe Skulduggery and in fact are getting in the way of solving the crimes.

It's not bad, probably if I had read it closer to the last one I would have enjoyed it more but the series is losing a push for me to keep reading. I do plan to read book 4 at another stage but right now it can wait. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Feb 2, 2013 |
The book is dedicated to my agent, Michelle Kass. I'm not going to be sappy here, okay? I'm not going to talk about how much you've done for me (which is a lot), or the impact you've had on my life (which is immense), and I'm not even going to talk about the advice, encouragement, and counsel you've given me since we met. And I'm not going to mention conversations on tractors either, or iPods at dinner tables, or the number of Yiddish words you've taught me that I've promptly forgotten. All of which, surprisingly, leaves me with nothing much to say. Sorry about that.
The dead man was in the living room, face down on the floor beside the coffee table.
"I'm glad you're not making this needlessly complicated or anything."

You've seen it all before: some bad guy wants to bring about the end of the world, and Skulduggery and Valkyrie fight valiantly to stop it happening. A few people get hurt, sure, but everything's all right in the end.

Well, not this time.

Fourteen-year-old Valkyrie and the skeleton mage, Skulduggery Pleasant, try to foil a plot set in motion fifty years before to find and open the gate that will allow the Faceless Ones to return to this reality.

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

HarperCollins Childrens Books

An edition of this book was published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,329,747 books! | Top bar: Always visible